Left Bank et Notre Dame
| The front building of Le Coupe Chou, which was built in the 1400s! One of the oldest buildings in Paris. |
| Lily really wanted her picture taken in front of the Supreme Court (Palais de Justice). Future lawyer? |
| And she really wanted to take my picture "because I'm actually a good photographer." It always cracks me up when I'm reminded of how things look from her perspective. |
| Jason smiling at... something. It really doesn't matter what we're doing; he's pretty much always happy. |
| The line to get into Notre Dame was massive but only took about 10 minutes. |
![]() |
| In the back dining room of Le Coupe Chou, aka the "new" part of the building since it's from the 1700s. |
![]() |
| Me and my dude at lunch. |
| The back side of Notre Dame, which I actually find to be more beautiful. |
We started our day with a really great lunch at Le Coupe Chou, or the Cabbage Cup, in the left bank. This was a recommendation from a friend who used to live in Paris and it did not disappoint. The history of the building and neighborhood is so cool. Lily couldn't get over the fact that the bathroom was in a cave that dates from the 1400s. She also declared it to be the best meal she's ever had and decided that French food trumps even Italian food in her book.
After lunch we walked the Left Bank and then headed to Isle de la Cite and Isle St. Louis. Afterward I headed out alone in search of some vintage designer wear but the first shop I went to was a bust and the second was closed. Determined to find something amazing to head home with, I went to Printemps and found a really pretty blue coat from Sessun and a very cool purse by Jerome Dryfuss. I was excited because both brands are French and I hadn't heard of either before. I didn't want to buy something that I could just as easily buy in LA.
By the time I made it back to the apartment with my spoils I was totally beat. I could barely walk! I ended up taking a bath, which felt so luxurious. It's crazy but I hadn't taken a bath in years! We only have 1 tub at home and it's in Lily's bathroom and it's really small so I only end up taking baths when I'm traveling. It felt like vacation!


Comments
Post a Comment