January 2021

Good gods, it's been so long I almost don't know where to start!  Despite 2020 being 2020, we still had a really nice end to the year.  That period from Halloween to Christmas is always my favorite and still felt special even though we didn't get to do some of our traditions like the annual Christmas tree lighting on the Pier.

In some ways I'm actually finding 2021 to be rougher than 2020.  We've turned the page on the year but in LA we haven't really turned the page on the pandemic yet.  As of a few days ago we were still hovering above the 15% ICU bed availability so it's hard to feel a sense of progress, even as so many other places seem to be on a path to normalcy. 

We're also in the midst of our umpteenth COVID scare of the past year with our umpteenth suite of negative test results to match.  I don't understand how it's possible for our family to get so many colds when we barely leave the house.

Despite all that, we've been keeping busy with work, remote schooling, and chasing/cleaning up after Rosie.  Her ability to create chaos and destroy everything in her reach is unparalleled!


Rosie "brushing Grandma Dudy's hair" at their house. Sadly she still has barely enough hair to be brushed!

The biscuits, goofing around. As Rosie becomes ever more verbal they've started to develop these fantastical games and play scenarios.  It's so cute to hear their little chitter chatter when they think no one is listening.

We're also in the middle of an exterior renovation to our home.  I'll devote more blog time to it once it's complete but here's where we're at right now.  The new balcony should be up on Friday and the new garage door within the next 6 weeks.  Other small touches will follow but I love it so much, even half done.

Jason is such a ham! He insisted that I take a picture of him in front of the new light fixtures since he "helped" Matt install them.

I wasn't quick enough to get a video but Rosie's exact words here were "Leave me alone guys, I need to do my work; my Frozen work."

Jason was very proud of his web of ninja turtles.

Lil posing pretty in front of her new wall of vines that we installed this month. It was a surprisingly cheap and easy project and the end result was just what she wanted.  I have to be honest, I love being in her room now too!  The little ones were so excited too.  Rosie kept saying "Thank you for doing this" and Jason said he liked it because "it looks like a space ship." 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

Gettin' Back in Shape