Stop for a Minute
I heard Stop for a Minute by Keane on the radio yesterday morning and haven't been able to get it out of my head since then. An undercurrent of sadness has been our status quo since we got the news about Lara but this song reminds me that being sad together is way better than being sad alone. Lara's Celebration of Life was really beautiful (full of laughs and sobs, often at the same time) but we kept expecting her to pop out and yell "just kidding!" and when she didn't... it sucked... and continues to suck.
| Our tour passed the Chateau Marmont. Normally I wouldn't care that much but we just watched Sofia Coppola's newish movie "Somewhere" last week so it seemed like I should take a picture. |
![]() |
| Lily in Grandpa Marc & Grandma Kathy's kitchen this past weekend. She insisted on wearing her Crocs with her pj's. |
| Goofing with Aunt Kim in the back room. |
| Posing pretty with Grandma Kathy. |
| Aunt Kim can pose pretty too! Here's an inside joke for my in-laws- "Family announcement: I'm going to Safeway." |
| Down Dog. |
In happier news, we got to see Jade and Ryan last night. They were in town for a vacation from the Chicago cold (yup, it's still cold there in May) so we grabbed some Mexican food and then hung out at our place. It was really nice to catch up. Of course, I forgot to whip out my camera and to serve the brownies I had baked... I guess I must be getting used to the constant sense of defeat that being a working mom gives me because instead of beating myself up, I shrugged and poured myself another glass of wine. Jess and I had a long phone call a few weeks ago during which she reminded me to be kind to myself... I'm trying, Jess!
I've got a funny story about how I cut my own hair a few weeks ago and had to make an emergency trip to a salon around the corner but I'm keeping that one in my back pocket for a post later this week. :)

You better be nice to yourself, Vanessa! That's my best friend!! :)
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Jess! I'm trying. Miss you!
ReplyDelete