Gettin' Back in Shape
After losing most of my Jason-weight pretty quickly, I've stalled hard the past few months. I don't have any excuses but I have a ton of reasons:
- I really enjoy having wine with dinner most nights.
- I really enjoy having something sweet after dinner most nights.
- I really don't enjoy running or any sort of cardio-aerobic activity.
- I really hate counting calories or keeping a food journal.
- I seem to always have morning calls, which cause me to miss the exercise class that I like the best. Every time I got into a rhythm, I would get interrupted with another project that requires morning calls.
- I can lose weight pretty easily when I actually get my butt in gear so I never feel a sense of urgency about it.
- I was still nursing and hungry all the time.
I could go on & on but after weaning Jason about a month ago, I lost that last one. Since then, I started working out with a trainer every Tuesday afternoon & going to her group class every Friday morning. I've noticed such a difference over the past month; not in the scale per se, or even in how tight my pants are, but more in how strong I feel. I can tell my core is gaining strength. Now I just need to buckle down on my diet a bit & I know I'll be back in fighting shape soon.
One big adjustment about becoming a parent is that your weekends go from being about "me time" to being about "we time." Of course I love spending time with the family (I wish we had more of it!) and my kids are the greatest joy of my life. That said, having a family makes it much harder to carve out time for exercise on the weekends. I am getting better about it though- Lily and I have been taking walks with Jason & today we took a really beautiful hike with Sonal down in Palos Verdes. It felt so good to breathe the fresh salt air and challenge myself a little (the 16 pound dude on my chest helped in that regard). And after we were done, I felt like it was ok to be a total vegetable for the rest of the day!






Comments
Post a Comment