I don't even really know what "dog days" refers to but it feels like the dog days of summer this week! Humid, hot, stuffy and we're having our floors redone so add to that noisy & dirty too. Still, I am so happy to finally do the floors that I can deal with a week of chaos. Jason is hanging in there but every time the saw would run, his lower lip would tremble and he'd look at me like "what is that!?"
 |
| He's pulling himself up to standing now! Crazy how quick he went from stationary to mobile. |
 |
| Jason got some Grandma Judy love on Saturday when we had people over to watch the Mayweather-MacGregor fight. Sadly our Irishman didn't win but we still had fun. |
 |
| Lily pulled out every trick she had to stay up as late as possible. |
 |
| Lily went home with my parents on Saturday night and they've been cooking, sewing, and swimming up a storm. I miss her a lot but it's good that she's not here for the floors. She would be going crazy! |
 |
| Making waffles on Sunday. |
 |
| Still makin' those waffles. |
 |
| In preparation for the Game of Thrones finale we did... absolutely nothing! Sunday was such a nice, relaxing day for a change. Jason enjoyed some extra attention since Lily was in Tarzana and Matt and I enjoyed some rare downtime. Jim & Shelly came over for dinner and the finale. I have to say, I felt very "meh" after the finale. This season has been a little lame, if I'm being honest. There was the initial appearance of action but once you really dig in, almost all of the characters are in the same place they were at the end of last season. And yet there wasn't the usual character development to make up for that. Apparently the producers thought that watching aunt-nephew incest was a fair substitute? I've read a bunch of post-mortem articles about this season and this is the one that most aptly captures how I feel. I took it on faith that there was going to be payoff at the end- that everything happening along the way had meaning. And for the first 6 seasons it appeared to. It was a like a puzzle that I could piece together. Analyzing the twists and turns of GOT was like being back in a comp lit class in college. This season was... not. like. that. There were moments here and there but overall I just couldn't buy so much of what was thrown at us. Honestly, I think the producers got lazy and strayed to far from GRRM's mission. Funnily, the reason I've always loved the show more than the books is that I felt they were able to parse through it all and emphasize the most important parts in a way that the books don't. Now, I feel they've gone to such an extreme that I'm praying GRRM doesn't die before he finishes the last book because I want to experience the real end to the story instead of what the show is giving us. |
 |
| Jason playing with a little bead-work Lil made him before he was born. |
 |
| For some reason Jason kept kicking his foot up on the high chair like Sally "I'm 50 years old" O'Mally from SNL. |
 |
| Jason messing around with my desk lamp and binder clips. Anything to keep him happy! |
 |
| A happy selfie yesterday. |
Comments
Post a Comment