Every time I get into a groove of blogging, something happens and I am knocked out of said groove. It's so frustrating because I really want to be dependable on this but it's just plain hard. People talk about summer as if it's this easy-breezy time but my experience is always the opposite. Between travel and camps and work deadlines, I am still going full throttle. Then add in a few 80* weeks without air conditioning and it's exhausting!
I am trying my best to exercise kindness toward myself and relieve stress with exercise or walks with Jason instead of retail therapy (which is not kind to my wallet) but it's just plain hard too.
I think I'm just in a period of transition right now that's made me both excited and uneasy. Leaving corporate life was an unequivocally good decision, but it's a decision that's never really done... I have to keep making career decisions and forging my own path because no one else is doing it for me. It's really gratifying to feel so completely in charge of my destiny and yet there is something to be said for the comfort of climbing someone else's corporate ladder.
Anyway, I think it's probably just summer restlessness, which is made worse by Lily's absence. She's been gone since Sunday and I don't pick her up from camp until the 22nd! I didn't realize how much of my life revolves around her until she was gone. 5 PM comes around and it's just me and Jason until 8; those are 3 long hours while we wait for Matt to get home! It's hard to tell if Jason really notices she's gone but he does smile when I show him pictures of her having fun at camp.
 |
| Snuggling in bed before Lily left for Seattle with my parents (and before Jason grew 4 new teeth!). |
 |
| Lookin' happy at his 6 mo. checkup. |
 |
| Looking adoringly at Lily. |
 |
| Every year I get this same photo of Lily, pulling gross seaweed around on the beach. |
 |
| Jason started rolling around toward mid June and by the end of the month was scooting around on his back. |
 |
| At this point he couldn't quite sit up on his own. |
 |
| But he did discover that he could get to where he wanted to go by scooting on his back. |
 |
| Blue Apron delivery! |
 |
| At In n Out on their way up the coast to Seattle. |
 |
| Enjoying some Olive Garden! |
 |
| While Lily was in Seattle, I took Jason to the park, which I've only done a handful of times. It's kind of crazy but I just haven't had the time to take him that often. |
 |
| By the end of June he could sit up by himself. |
Comments
Post a Comment