Fall Roundup

Despite the shock of the election results, we are all doing well as we round the bend to the end of this pregnancy.  I'm 35 weeks today and I have a feeling this little guy will arrive even earlier than Lil who was born at 37 1/2 weeks.  I can feel how big he's getting and my back has been in constant pain the past 2 days as he continues to gain weight and shift around.  He's still a contortionist!  We have an ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday to see how big he is at 36 weeks if I make it that far.  I'm having a ton of false contractions and various aches and pains that tell me we're getting close.  :)

Lily's class doing their first Young at Art program of the year.  I'm a YAA docent for her class and it's turned out to be a lot more work than I thought it would be.  Still, I'm glad I'm doing it and the kids had a lot of fun drawing their own Modigliani style portraits.

Lily and her friend on "dress like a friend day" at school.

Brian, Lily & I at Universal Studios 2 Sundays ago.  I can't go on any rides at this point but it was still fun to eat at 3 Broomsticks and watch Lily have a blast with Brian and Grandma Judy.

At the park with Uncle Brian a few weeks before that (the first time we saw him since he got home from Iraq).

Note from Lily letting me know that her museum in her room was open for business.

Picture of the Halloween fair by Lily.  I had a client dinner so I missed it this year but she had fun with Daddy.

Putting on a dance show in her room.

Looking so pretty before our family portrait.

Bump pic from a few weeks ago.  

Hermosa Halloween!

Sorting the goods after trick-or-treating.

Eating fondue at her favorite restaurant.  I'm trying to do lots of mommy-daughter things that she loves since the new baby is going to make that hard for a while.

Showing off her new grown-up ice skating outfit and brand new skates. She's in Gamma now, which is just 2 levels away from when they start jumps and spins. She's working on edges and turns to prepare.

In her election outfit last Tuesday.  As I was dropping her off at school she told me "Hillary's totally got this!"  I felt the same and told her we could watch the election results come in that night and celebrate the first female president.

Us excitedly watching the election results come in on CNN.  This was at about 7, when Clinton still had a 78% chance of winning according to 538.  As we all know, it went downhill from there.  Lil was getting more and more nervous as the map turned red but I assured her that there were still so many key states that Clinton would pull it off.  Instead, I had to eat my words the next morning and break the news that Trump had won the electoral college.  Lil was pretty upset and that night told me that "everyone at school was really bummed about Trump."  Even elementary school kids rejected his vitriolic message of intolerance and exclusion because it's contrary to everything we teach children.  How can so many others have accepted it?

Wednesday and Thursday were not fun around these parts.  There were a lot of tears shed as our friends all try to reconcile what the next 4 years might be like for women, minorities, Jews, the LGBT community and so many others.  I had sort of pulled myself together but fell apart all over again at Hillary's concession speech when she spoke directly to all the little girls out there.  Lily got so excited ("she's talking to me!") and it was heartbreaking that we didn't get to see the glass ceiling shatter on Tuesday night.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape