... is one of Matt's and my most quoted movies. We recite lines to each other like "What's a philistine?" and "Why are you being difficult?" an amount of times (at least once a week) that is greatly disproportionate to the amount of times we've actually seen the film (once... in the theater... TEN years ago). So there I was yesterday, at the LA Museum of Natural History, reciting lines to Lily, who just laughed because she had no idea what I was talking about, and really didn't care. But if you've seen the movie, you know the title comes from THE Museum of Natural History in Manhattan. The LA Museum is crazy tiny and lame compared to that one but Lily doesn't know the diff!
It was hot as hades in LA yesterday and we were sweating like pigs just walking from the parking lot into Exposition Park but it was worth it to see the gemstone exhibit at the museum and then catch an IMAX movie. The only one playing was about Jerusalem but it turns out that anything is interesting to a 6 year old if it's in 3D and projected to a 100 foot screen.
Today was spent doing official firm business but tomorrow is all fun- another trip to Disneyland before school starts. We're trying to squeeze as much value as possible out of our annual passes! We debated waiting until Friday but it's supposed to get hotter as the week goes on. We are in a heat wave!
It's been so hot that cooking is downright uncomfortable but I managed to get it up to cook
this Rachel Ray recipe tonight and it was incredibly good. I substituted basil for tarragon because I don't grow tarragon on my front porch, rosemary crusty bread for plain white bread because we had some fancy stuff left over from Saturday's dinner party, and frozen cod for "sustainable white fish" because I was fresh out of sustainable white fish but had some old cod cutlets from Costco hidden away in the freezer. Luckily this dish was yummy enough that using frozen fish was actually fine.
I wish I could say I was off to bed but I am going to stay up 30 minutes too late so Matt and I can catch another Wet Hot American Summer. :)
 |
| Showing off her birthday tattoos at the dollar store. Believe it or not, Lily was not the only one there with a face tattoo. |
 |
| I am actually strangely feeling my neck star tattoos. Now that I no longer have a real job, all of my teenage rebellious tendencies are creeping back. I have the strong desire to get a nose ring, some more tattoos and dye my hair navy blue just because I am finally really and truly the boss of me. I was also just tickled that my hair is finally long enough to slick back into a ponytail! |
 |
| Going cray at the museum. Lil was looking for Dr. Steve, the paleontologist from Dinosaur Train. |
 |
| She asked me to take a picture of her in this pose and I have no idea why since she looks less than thrilled. |
 |
| Enjoying the cool air coming up from whatever this thing is. |
 |
| IMAX!!! Welcome to the future. |
 |
| IMAX Selfie. Welcome to the future... again. So welcome back to the future. |
Comments
Post a Comment