Let's be clear- I don't need a reason to go to Disneyland. Zander on
Buffy once joked, "some dorm is having a day that ends in 'y' party" and that's pretty much my philosophy on Disneyland- if it's a day that ends in "y," I'm all set.
That said, because we have annual passes and go about 4-5 times a year (on a weekday to avoid crowds), I never feel compelled to try to see and do everything, or even to stay for the parade or fireworks. But with Lily's birthday in play, we did it up like Midas, as Selena Gomez sings.
We got there at about 8:30 on Monday morning and stayed until 10:30. 14 hours straight is a personal record! We managed to squeeze a lot of fun into those 14 hours, including lunch at Blue Bayou, which Lily and I are obsessed with. It was hot but not that bad (84* at peak). It was crowded because it was the first day that our passes were active again, but not as crowded as I thought it would be. Maybe I just had rose colored glasses on because of Lily's birthday...
We had an amazing time and I was so glad we stayed for the Paint the Night parade and Diamond Celebration fireworks. We waited a long time to get good seats but it was worth it. Lil danced the entire parade and during the Diamond Celebration fireworks she whispered in my ear "This is like the best dream of my life."
I kept thinking of that moment on Tuesday when my narcolepsy came at me with a vengeance- payback for me being on my feet all day Sunday & Monday without any naps. I guess it was a good reminder that I still need to take care of myself and take the naps. I've been pretty good about it but it's easy to get sidetracked and forget.
Today was spent doing some business development for the firm & finalizing our bank stuff and tomorrow I need to catch up on some more "work" stuff. I put that in parenthesis because it doesn't really feel like work. Maybe that will change as time goes on but for now I'm really enjoying it all!
 |
| Goofing around with her 3D glasses before Star Tours. She LOVED that ride! |
 |
| For her birthday souvenir, she weighed a light saber key chain, 60th anniversary snow globe & Minnie charm bracelet but ultimately chose to make our own Droids. She criticized mine for being unrealistically purple and orange. I them pointed out that hers was wearing a Mickey magician hat... and that Droids are figments of George Lucas' imagination. I think she understood that realism wasn't really the goal. |
 |
| Lil was stoked to be chosen again for Jedi training. I think the birthday button helped. |
 |
| This is from the party but I didn't have it yet for the prior post. My favorite part is her silver sandals showing. |
 |
| During our February trip to Disney, Lil discovered a hidden Mickey silhouette in the Blue Bayou bathroom sink. She was fascinated with the idea of hidden Mickeys and we started looking for them everywhere. The last time we were there, we bought a book of clues for where to find hidden Mickeys and we were able to locate quite a few this time. She made up a club called the Mickey Hunters, which we were all a part of. Club rules are that you (1) always look for Mickeys; (2) always do what Lily says; and (3) shout VERY loudly when you find a hidden Mickey. Club rules must be followed at all times. |
 |
| Lil & Grandma Judy riding the Carousel. |
 |
| Lil was pretty sure that she was going to be able to pull the sword out. |
 |
| And demanded that Grandpa Tom try as well, just to make sure that it really was stuck. |
 |
| I generally avoid selfies like the plague because I feel like such a douchebag taking them. But if I didn't take selfies at Disneyland, I'd basically have no record of myself ever having been there. And I like to flip through all of our Disneyland selfies over the past 4 years to see how much Lily has grown... of course I remain ageless and wrinkle free. I've just added those crow's feet with photoshop so you don't feel so bad about your own wrinkles. I'm always thinking of others like that. On a separate note, Grandma Judy surprised me with this Mickey ears charm that I've been coveting. I love it! On another separate note, I think the fact that I dress like a 13 year old (sparkly Elsa shirt say what?) when I go to Disneyland finally caught up with me. A brave & possibly stoned teenager chatted me up in line for Pirates and then quickly noticed that I had a child with me. Mercifully, we never crossed paths again in line. |
 |
| Teacups! This was during the 7 PM slump when Lily was tired but insisted on powering through. |
 |
| Goofing around this morning with Daddy before her field trip to Medieval Times. Yesterday the girls all made ribbon crowns to wear. Lily had a blast and reported that the King & Queen were both "very pretty." Alas, her yellow knight did not win, but the "dragon meat" and "lava soup" were tasty. |
Comments
Post a Comment