Unexpectedly Reunited

Due to all of the chaos at LAX (no cars allowed in or out of the surrounding area) my parents were stranded there with no way out.  The car they had called couldn't reach them and went home.  I ended up leaving work early and meeting them at Aviation and 104th, which means they had to walk about 2 miles to get out of the area that was blocked off!

Then I learned that Brian was coming home for 2 weeks before he has to report to Camp Pendleton in San Diego as part of the Marines 1st Division, 7th Regiment.  We took my parents back to the house and then I went to pick Brian up a few hours later.  But even though they were telling Brian that the airport was open again, cops were blocking off all entrances when I first arrived.  I ended up looping around El Segundo and getting in line for a different entrance.  The usual 15 minute drive to LAX turned into well over an hour but I was able to pick him (and his 170 pounds of Navy gear) up at the airport.

We waited out the traffic back to Tarzana by having a great Mexican dinner at Cayote Cantina, our new go-to Mexican place.  Seeing Brian and my parents was unexpected but nice!  Brian ended up staying the night with us in Hermosa and we spent Saturday hanging out before heading up to Tarzana to return him to my parents.  I'm sure we'll see much more of him because he'll be in San Diego through March and then he'll be in TwentyNinePalms near San Bernardino for the next 5 years.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape