Easta Eggs!

Lils must be getting a Brooklyn accent through all her time with the G'rents because she has been saying Easta instead of Easter.
Giving me a coy look while she sat on the potty this morning.

Showing off her new Hello Kitty sandals.

Dyeing eggs with Grandma & Grandpa tonight.

Lily really loved plopping the eggs in and taking them out.

We used a "magic" crayon to draw on the eggs before we dyed them.
 Fun was had by all tonight!  Matt and I both got out of work early and my parents came over for homemade pizza, salad and ice cream (that wasn't home made!) and then egg dyeing.  Matt and my Dad watched some Giants & A's baseball and I accidentally drank from a glass of vinegar (meant for dyeing the eggs) that I thought was water.  When it was time for bed, Lily protested "But I already go to bed all the time.  I go to bed a lot."  Nonetheless, she was fast asleep in less than 5 minutes.

I was just looking at photos from the past two Easters:


It's unreal how much she's grown since then!  She had no idea what was going on the past two years but now she's very excited for the Easter Bunny to come and put candy in the Easter Eggs.  I asked her what she would do when she found the eggs and she said happily "I'll eat all the candy!"  We're going to my parents tomorrow so we can sleep over there and all be together when the Easter Bunny arrives.  Also, I really want to see Hunger Games so this way Matt and I can sneak out for a date after Lily goes to sleep.  I have no idea why I want to see this movie so badly; all I know about the books is what my friend's stepson told me.  I guess there's just something about kids fighting to the death that speaks to me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape