As promised, we have lots to report from Lily's 9 month checkup! She weighs 18 lbs. 2 oz., which puts her in the 20th-50th percentile for weight. She's always hovered around the 50th mark so nothing has really changed there but apparently her height has, though I am really suspicious.
According to the nurse, she's now 27.5" long, which puts her in the 25th percentile for height! Somehow she's gone from the 95th percentile for each of her past visits to the 25th?! I actually had the nurse re-measure her because when Matt and I measured Lily last week, we got 30". The first time the nurse measured her, she said 26", which was impossible because she was 27" at her 6 month appointment. When she came up with 27.5" the second time, I told her that we had come up with 30" and she basically said that I had to be wrong. I figured it wasn't exactly a science since babies are so wiggly and I let it drop. But I'm pretty sure that the nurse wasn't actually putting Lily's head up to the beginning of the measuring tape and it looked to me like there was a good two inches going un-measured. Now that I'm typing this out, I really wish I'd made a bigger deal of it because now her height chart will be all messed up... ugh. But I guess Matt and I will try to measure her in her sleep when she's still and see how it comes out.
Other than that, it went very well. Lily is perfectly healthy and happy!
According to the nurse, she's now 27.5" long, which puts her in the 25th percentile for height! Somehow she's gone from the 95th percentile for each of her past visits to the 25th?! I actually had the nurse re-measure her because when Matt and I measured Lily last week, we got 30". The first time the nurse measured her, she said 26", which was impossible because she was 27" at her 6 month appointment. When she came up with 27.5" the second time, I told her that we had come up with 30" and she basically said that I had to be wrong. I figured it wasn't exactly a science since babies are so wiggly and I let it drop. But I'm pretty sure that the nurse wasn't actually putting Lily's head up to the beginning of the measuring tape and it looked to me like there was a good two inches going un-measured. Now that I'm typing this out, I really wish I'd made a bigger deal of it because now her height chart will be all messed up... ugh. But I guess Matt and I will try to measure her in her sleep when she's still and see how it comes out.
Other than that, it went very well. Lily is perfectly healthy and happy!
Comments
Post a Comment