Memorial Day Already?

I absolutely cannot believe that it's already Memorial Day. Time seems to be flying by at light speed lately. I really cannot believe that one year ago was the big Zimmer Berger summit in Chicago, where we celebrated Rita's 80th (BTW, happy 81st!) birthday and Lily's impending arrival with a baby shower. That was such a special weekend so I thought I'd post some pics for a nice walk down memory lane.








And one year later, I've made it through my first night away from Lily. The wedding was fun but it was really strange to go somewhere without Lils. I'm so used to her being the first thing people notice about me and all conversations starting and ending with her; it was a little unnerving to just be me. It felt like I'd stepped out without my makeup or jewelry but times 10!

It was really nice to let loose and have more than a few drinks at one time (after a year and a half hiatus, I can confirm that getting crunked is still fun!) but I'm pretty sure we pulled a new parent faux pas because by the end of the night, we were just looking at pictures of Lily on our iPhones and talking about all the cute things she does. I can't even remember what Matt and I talked about before we had Lily. We can go a few hours with "normal" adult conversation but it always comes back to Lily Pad.

I think it was good for us to get away for a night but I'm not sure we'll do it again until after Lily has been weaned. Even with pumping, I ended up in a lot of pain from not nursing for a day. And to be honest, we really missed her. Everything is just more fun with her around.

Ever since I've gotten back, Lily has been a bit clingy. She cries when I go to the bathroom and wants to be held a lot. It's funny because she was an angel for my Mom and didn't seem to notice that we were gone. She slept from 9:30 PM to 6:30 AM, which is way better than she ever sleeps for us!

I think her crankiness is a combo of mamismo and some issues with independence. She wants to do everything herself but she just can't... and then she cries. Feeding her has been trying lately because she wants to hold the spoon herself and literally locks her mouth shut. But she doesn't actually have the coordination to get the spoon in her mouth on her own. Why do I have a feeling the terrible twos are going to come early?

Brian and my Dad got back from Indy last night so today promises to be a fun day by the pool. The Herbalife drivers hung in there but didn't finish as well as expected. Still, the weekend was a success for Herbalife and they had a blast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape