Another day at daycare, another case of the sniffles. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given that EVERY single baby in her room has the same cough and cold. Poor Lils can't catch a break.
She's doing well, though. Her teachers always comment on what a smiley face she is, which makes us feel good. When we picked her up yesterday, she was propped up against a foam block "reading" a book all by herself! The teacher said the older babies sometimes give Lily kisses and hugs. Matt and I are really glad that she's getting so much social time. When Matt picked her up on Friday, he peeked in her room and saw something funny: Lily was sitting in one of her teacher's laps, reading and an older baby toddled over and grabbed the book out of Lily's hands. Without delay, Lily reached forward and grabbed the book right back. She's learning quickly and not letting anyone push her around! I find myself saying things to her like "Be nice, but don't be a pushover," but apparently she's already found that balance. She loves her little friends and is very jealous of their baby food. We keep telling her she's close to having her own.
She's still giving her teachers a run for their money in the sleep department- yesterday she slept for 20 minutes the whole day! She has trouble shutting out the hustle and bustle of daycare and wants to be a part of all of the action. The teachers say that she's not cranky or fussy as long as she's being held or is part of whatever activity is happening; she just won't sleep in her crib.
At home, we put her straight in the bath and then her crib, where she stayed from 6 PM 'till 8 AM with food breaks every3 hours or so. Now that she's full time at daycare, we're thinking she's got to learn to take naps there because there are no days at home for recovery. On one hand, having her sleep well at night is nice but on the other, we get almost no Lily time. :( Last night, we stood over her crib and watched her sleep for a few minutes so we could spend some time with our baby.
Lily's got a pretty large noggin so every hat looks like a condom on her head! It was snowing again this morning so we had to get bundled up. She's so transfixed by the snow every time we go out in it.
Between her teething and her cold, she's such a drool bucket. When we nurse in the middle of the night, often I'll doze off and then wake up in a pool of drool and milk (she has a habit of continuing to suckle in her sleep even when she's not hungry and just spitting the milk back at me) and still these midnight nursings are my favorite part of the day!
As a lot of you know, I had a hard time with nursing at first. Getting my oversupply down to Lily's demand was hard and I've had a lot of phone conversations with a great lactation consultant. But now that she's older, I find it so easy and relaxing. It makes me feel really good to be able to nurse her when we're together and it gives me a nice sense of purpose to pumping at work. If anyone is interested, I just read a great book called Working without Weaning that put a really positive spin on continuing to nurse while working. At first, I would get so frustrated with the mess and production of the whole thing. After reading the book, I have a new attitude and I just picture Lily growing big and strong as I do the less glamorous things like rinsing the pump parts in the copy room sink and cleaning drops of spilt milk off of my nice work clothes. And I've started a ritual of looking at photos of Lily on my iPhone while I pump, which helps me relax & enjoy the time a little more.
She sneezed right as I was taking this photo this morning. I was trying to get her cute little Mary Janes in the photo.
Lily's got a pretty large noggin so every hat looks like a condom on her head! It was snowing again this morning so we had to get bundled up. She's so transfixed by the snow every time we go out in it.
Between her teething and her cold, she's such a drool bucket. When we nurse in the middle of the night, often I'll doze off and then wake up in a pool of drool and milk (she has a habit of continuing to suckle in her sleep even when she's not hungry and just spitting the milk back at me) and still these midnight nursings are my favorite part of the day! As a lot of you know, I had a hard time with nursing at first. Getting my oversupply down to Lily's demand was hard and I've had a lot of phone conversations with a great lactation consultant. But now that she's older, I find it so easy and relaxing. It makes me feel really good to be able to nurse her when we're together and it gives me a nice sense of purpose to pumping at work. If anyone is interested, I just read a great book called Working without Weaning that put a really positive spin on continuing to nurse while working. At first, I would get so frustrated with the mess and production of the whole thing. After reading the book, I have a new attitude and I just picture Lily growing big and strong as I do the less glamorous things like rinsing the pump parts in the copy room sink and cleaning drops of spilt milk off of my nice work clothes. And I've started a ritual of looking at photos of Lily on my iPhone while I pump, which helps me relax & enjoy the time a little more.
She sneezed right as I was taking this photo this morning. I was trying to get her cute little Mary Janes in the photo.
Comments
Post a Comment