Those are from this past weekend. Lily was very happy to have my undivided attention for the weekend.
After some fun play time on Saturday morning, I dressed Lily up in this cute outfit from my friend Becky. Becky and I have been besties since kindergarten in Hopewell, NJ so it's quite a trip to receive baby clothes from her.On Saturday we also had Andrea and Grant over to watch some playoff football. Andrea is still hanging in there, waiting for their little girl to make her debut. She's due this Friday so it will be any day now.
I got a facial at Beauty and Soul on Oak Street on Saturday and my esthetician, Leticia, not only gave me an incredible organic facial (if you live in Chicago and want a good spa treatment, she will change your life!) but also some good sleep training advice.
On her recommendation, we've started to put Lily down, let her cry for 5 minutes, soothe her, let her cry for 10 minutes, soothe her, let her cry for 15 minutes and so on. Most of the time, she wipes out about halfway through the 10 minutes but tonight it took her a little longer. I have to say that it was good advice and has worked well. It prevents me from soothing her every 30 seconds but also gives me a set time that I know I can tend to her cries and at the same time seems to give her the space she needs to relax.
We haven't had too much time to bask in our sleep victory since we're gearing up for Lily to start daycare this Friday. Our paperwork is filled out so the rest of the week will be spent putting together the all-important diaper bag of supplies.

That's the Ferber method! Didn't I mention that one to you a couple of months ago? Maybe not. We used that method with both boys and it worked like a charm (after a few nights of adjusting to it)! Glad it is working well for you! :)
ReplyDeleteI remember you mentioning it but I thought Ferber was unlimited time periods of crying. How long did it take your boys to start going down with no crying? I know this method is helping her learn to soothe herself to sleep but I still feel awful that she cries almost every single time we put her down to sleep.
ReplyDelete