Photos from Christmas Day:
Lily was all smiles and then for some reason gave up this awesomely goofy face.
I forgot to mention in my post about Christmas Eve that one year ago from Thursday, we told our parents, Kim and Brian that we were pregnant (it was only a year ago from Wednesday that we officially tested positive). It was so unexpected for them and we couldn't believe that a year from then we would have a baby with us. The rest of our Christmas break was so happy and filled with so much anticipation and excitement. Our parents tried on the terms "grandpa" and "grandma" for the first time and we crossed our fingers that all would go smoothly. :)
This year, after a good Christmas breakfast of egg casserole Lily and I got dolled up and went to mass with my parents. Last year at Christmas mass all I could think about was that this year I would have a baby of my own to dress up and show off. I wanted a little girl so badly and said a prayer for one even though I knew that it was asking for a lot and I should have stuck to a request for a healthy baby. God delivered in spades! I feel so blessed to have a happy and healthy family. The only thing that could have been better this year was if Brian had been able to be with us again. Unfortunately, as the new man on the job he had to work on Christmas day and couldn't be with us in Walnut Creek. :(
I forgot to mention in my post about Christmas Eve that one year ago from Thursday, we told our parents, Kim and Brian that we were pregnant (it was only a year ago from Wednesday that we officially tested positive). It was so unexpected for them and we couldn't believe that a year from then we would have a baby with us. The rest of our Christmas break was so happy and filled with so much anticipation and excitement. Our parents tried on the terms "grandpa" and "grandma" for the first time and we crossed our fingers that all would go smoothly. :)
This year, after a good Christmas breakfast of egg casserole Lily and I got dolled up and went to mass with my parents. Last year at Christmas mass all I could think about was that this year I would have a baby of my own to dress up and show off. I wanted a little girl so badly and said a prayer for one even though I knew that it was asking for a lot and I should have stuck to a request for a healthy baby. God delivered in spades! I feel so blessed to have a happy and healthy family. The only thing that could have been better this year was if Brian had been able to be with us again. Unfortunately, as the new man on the job he had to work on Christmas day and couldn't be with us in Walnut Creek. :(
I'm still bummed about going back to work but I have to admit that I'm excited to use my "this is not a paper cup" coffee thermos from Marc and Kathy, I mean Santa, on my Monday morning commute. As always, it's the little things that keep me going.
Comments
Post a Comment