We had a nice day in Skokie and Winnetka yesterday. I even got to sneak away and hit up Michael's craft store. I could spend all day there! I had dreams of Martha Stewart-ish craft projects and really had to hold myself back from buying too many art supplies. I ended up allowing myself some stamps to make my own stationary and some fondant icing to make the lilies for Lily's baptism cake. Tomorrow's project is to do a test run of the cake with some left over black fondant from my hamburger cake adventure.
Photos from our visit with Rita and Larry:
Photos from our visit with Rita and Larry:


I wasn't able to get any photos of the kids but I don't think they would have been able to stand still long enough for a picture anyway. ;)Lily has been sleeping well today (she loves to cuddle the blankie Allison made her) so I decided to have a little fun and play around with the InStyle.com Hollywood Makeover tool. You upload a photo and then try on different celebrity hair styles.
Here's my original photo. To get one where I didn't look like Jaba the Hut, I hat to go all the way back to Jess' wedding, which was exactly one year ago from today. Happy Anniversary Jess & Travis!
Here's my original photo. To get one where I didn't look like Jaba the Hut, I hat to go all the way back to Jess' wedding, which was exactly one year ago from today. Happy Anniversary Jess & Travis!
and Blake Lively's hair. This is supposed to be the new "it" hairdo so I thought I'd give it a try. It definitely works for a 20 year old bohemian upper-East sider like Serena Van der Woodsen but it doesn't seem to work for me, though I'm sure Lily would love to get a fistful of that hair in her tiny but shockilngly strong grip! As an aside, how can it be the It Hairdo if it's extensions? It's not even a real hairdo. I'm so over the extensions craze. Everyone in Hollywood looks like they made extensions from one of those Barbie styling heads.It's been about 10 years since I've dyed my hair but from 1996 to 1999 I went to orange, magenta, blue, green, back to blonde (I had to get a pixi cut to get the green out), then to jet black, red (I couldn't go back to my natural color from black so I had to be redhead for a few years) and finally my natural color. After all that I vowed to stay away from dye because it can get so cumbersome and expensive to maintain. But lately I've been so bored with my hair. Being a blonde when you're on the short side condemns you to a life of being "cute" which wasn't so bad in college and law school but is starting to get old now that I'm... starting to get old. I probably won't go through with it because going darker means that you need to be religious about maintaining your color; if I let your roots come in too much, I start to look bald! With a new baby and a bad economy starting a costly habit like coloring is probably not wise...



I seem to recall some days of black hair back in high school.
ReplyDeleteAs a random aside, there was an anesthesiology resident in the OR with me the other day who looked exactly like you, but with red hair. I definitely did a double take when I saw her.