So yesterday's test run was pretty successful, if only because I figured out what not to do for Sunday's cake. I made a spice cake from scratch. For some reason, I could taste the shortening even after it was done, so I wasn't crazy about it. Also, I ran out of ginger a few days ago when making a stir-fry so my cake was ginger-less. I thought it wouldn't matter but every time I think that, I realize after the fact how precisely you need to follow the recipe with baking. I think I'm going to do a white cake or carrot cake on Sunday.
As you can see in the background, I also made a casserole the other night. I've been a little casserole obsessed since I'm trying to use various things that have been sitting in our cabinets for ages. Some are successful like this one (beef sauteed in taco seasoning and stewed tomatoes, refried black beans and homemade mac & cheese on top) and others are... not so much (the beef, frozen veggies and macaroni one was so bland).

As you can see in the background, I also made a casserole the other night. I've been a little casserole obsessed since I'm trying to use various things that have been sitting in our cabinets for ages. Some are successful like this one (beef sauteed in taco seasoning and stewed tomatoes, refried black beans and homemade mac & cheese on top) and others are... not so much (the beef, frozen veggies and macaroni one was so bland).
I'm really into irreverent cross-stitch but it turns out I'm into irreverent cakes too! I really loved the black lilies and pink/purple cake. It looked so punk rock and strange.
I love these PJs! I can't remember who gave them to us but my money is on Grandma Judy or cousin Elaine.She wasn't her usual bubbly self this morning. She was HUNGRY and then wanted to go back to sleep right away. She and Dad are still lost in their respective slumbers so I'm going to get in the shower while I can. Then Lily and I are headed downtown to meet Andrea and Jessica C. for lunch. I also need to find a christening gown or Lily will be baptized in a white onesie. Between Macy's, Nordstrom and Bloomie's, I'm hoping I find something nice and not too spendy.

Comments
Post a Comment