Lunch with the girls was great but yesterday's quest for a christening gown was fruitless. Macy's, Bloomingdale's and a few other specialty boutiques didn't carry a single gown and Nordstrom had 2, both of which were size 12 months. Luckily, my Aunt Cathy found 3 dresses for us to choose from. I also found Lily a beautiful red Christmas dress and bought her a necklace for her christening.

I'm glad we at least found a few things because the weather was just awful. I just don't get why the City doesn't keep the sidewalks level and provide for adequate drainage when it rains so much. By the end of the day, my jeans were soaked to the knee and Lily's stroller was a muddy mess. I immediately threw every part of the stroller, my jacket and all of my clothes in the wash... and then cursed this town.

Lily has been quite the dream over the past few days. She's been going down for naps and bed so easily. I'm scared to say anything for fear of jinxing it.
Action shot of Dad washing Lily's hair. She was so tired last night that she wasn't really her usual playful self in the bath.
Buddha Belly!
Playing this morning before her first nap.

Lounging around with Dad after her morning nap. Lily's favorite time of the day is when she's naked while we're putting on her clothes. She loves to cuddle!

After her first afternoon nap, Lily and I hopped in the car and braved the rain to pick Grandma Judy up from the airport. Lily was not so happy about it and pretty much cried the entire traffic-laden way. After a minor altercation with the O'Hare traffic gestapo (who yells at a woman comforting her crying infant to "keep on moving"?!) we successfully picked up Grandma and headed for home. Lily took a great nap and Matt, Mom and I were able to enjoy a really nice meal of pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, veggies and crescent rolls. I decided that nothing (except chocolate molten lava cake) beats crescent rolls and a glass of wine.


After dinner we took a bath and then Grandma read us some Christmas books. The idea of presents sure got Lily's attention!

Grandpa Tom gets in tomorrow night. Other than that, I think we're going to assemble the favors for the christening and maybe get to the grocery store if weather permits. Ugh, the Chicago weather is really getting to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape