Today Lily and I took a lovely walk through Lincoln Park to the Zoo.

We passed the restaurant North Pond, where Matt and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary with one of the best meals we've ever had.

We took in the skyline from the North end of the Zoo.

Up until this point, the only animals Lily had seen were her toy horse and Jessica C's dog, Olivia.

We took an African safari walk in one of the Zoo's better exhibits. Between the sounds of the birds and rushing water and all of the foliage, Lily didn't really know what to focus on. She didn't seem to notice the bird next to her carriage! She did, however, really love the tropical fish in the exhibit. I held her up against the glass of the huge tank and she stared at the colorful fish for about 5 minutes before letting me know it was time to move on.

The view looking North from the South end of the Zoo. We didn't end up going into the Pritzker Children's Zoo because it was getting late but now we have an excuse to go back soon.

I decided to take the bus home since Lily had a poopy diaper and I was getting tired. As you can see from this photo, I think she was more in awe of the bus than the Zoo. The florescent lighting had her wide-eyed.

After we got off the bus, I committed my first real sleep-deprivation-induced screw up: I picked up a few things at the market to complement our chili that was simmering while we were at the zoo, paid for the items, and walked straight home without them. It wasn't until I took off my shoes and started to unload the groceries from the stroller that I realized there were no groceries to unload. With Matt at class, I put my shoes back on and took the walk of shame back to the market hoping that I wasn't the first one to ever do this. They didn't seem so surprised so apparently I wasn't!

Comments

  1. Welcome to motherhood - you are now officially one of the lost brain cell club!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape