Today was Lily's 2 week check-up and she did great! Before the appointment, Matt and I took bets on how much she weighed. She was born at 7 lbs. 3 oz. and had dropped to 6 lbs. 8 oz. 5 days after her birth. The goal was to get her back to her birth weight by today's appointment. Matt guessed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and I guessed 7 lbs. 5 oz. but Matt was the winner; Lily weighed in at 7 lbs. 8.5 oz. She also grew 1.5 inches since birth and is now 20.5 inches long and can hold her head up for a short while. We started her on "tummy time" today and she did very well!
In addition to sleeping better and better every night, she also inspires sleepiness in those around her:
Grandpa Tom
& Uncle Brian.
The baby sling that Jessica's Mom, Cindy, got for us has been great! Lily loves being in her little cocoon and it lets me walk around with my hands free for a change.
Lily in her elephant jump suit that cousin Elaine got her. She also went shopping for the first time that day.
I took these 2 shots this morning before her appointment. She was giving me big smiles as we listened (well, she listened and I sang along) to Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and I fell in love with her (and that album) all over again. When I first bought it during my freshman year of high school, I always loved listening to In the Arms of Sleep and Lily (My One and Only) before bed. I never thought I'd be so lucky to sing those songs to my baby as lullabies. Smashing Pumpkins rock. Lily is pretty awesome too. :)
Comments
Post a Comment