Everything in its Right Place Part II



In addition to gestating our little Baby G, Matt and I have been busy (with the help of our parents and the lovely folks at IKEA) putting together her nursery. I am happy to report that with the recent delivery of the changing pad/space pod, her nursery is complete. Our landlord's deep violet walls don't match anything else in the apartment but they do seem made for a baby nursery!


The flower and bug lighting fixtures emit an incredibly soothing glow that puts me in the mood for sleep. We're hoping they have the same effect on Baby G!

Is it a pig? Is it a bear? Unable to decide, we've christened it the Pig-Bear Rug.

This black chair once sat in the dead center of the TV room of Matt's bachelor pad in Indiana. Who knew the Man Chair would one day become the Daddy Rocking Chair (well, I kind of knew but I'm not sure Matt did).

I still adore the bedding we picked out (thank you Mom!). Yellow always makes me happy.

And finally, Baby G's assorted stuffed animals are already waiting for her. Snoopy is especially impatient.

Now that the nursery is done, all other essentials are taken care of and the commercial real estate market continues to take swan dives into new pools of bad, I've found myself with some time on my hands. I guess I am my mother's daughter because for some reason baking a cake seemed like a good way to pass some time. She and I had seen a hamburger cake at the grocery store back in May and I vowed to replicate it. Our friends threw a barbecue last night so the timing was perfect.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that although I made the cake and buttercream icing from scratch, the fondant I used for the buns, patty & tomato and the decorative icing I used for the cheese & lettuce were both store bought.



My weak arms were no match for the stiff fondant and I needed the use of Matt's formidable guns!

His reward was a burger cake! I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but I think this will make an adorable 1st birthday cake for our little slider next Fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape