It's been so long since I blogged that I kinda forgot how! So here goes nothing...
I haven't blogged in five years! I hemmed and hawed over how to start again. I thought about a year-by-year recap but felt like that would be cheating. A blog is supposed to be a real window into someone's life and a recap would inevitably gloss over the troughs and emphasize the peaks.
So with that in mind, I'm just gonna start fresh and fill you in on details as they come up. 😬
 |
| We visited Matt's parents last week and toured UC Berkeley so Lily could see it. Afterward, over some Chipotle, Jason cracked me up by saying "I'll probably go to Berkeley... mostly because it's the only college I know of." |
 |
| Checking out the Redondo Pier before dinner with friends a few weeks ago. Rose wore her Christmas best, just because. |
 |
| Rose did a lemonade stand a few weeks ago and only got 2 customers over about 4 hours. :( We think it's because it wasn't very hot that day so we're going to wait for the next broiler and then make our move again. |
 |
| I took the kids to Nick's in Manhattan Beach after their dental appointments, thinking it was a casual pub. I didn't realize it was a "nice" restaurant until we sat down and then I was too embarrassed to leave. I knew I was in for a large bill when the Shirley Temples had handmade cherry syrup instead of Grenadine. We had a nice time... until Rose and Jason started putting ice cubes in the outdoor fire pits. Sigh. |
 |
| We got a dog!!! His name is Lex and like all dogs, he's the best dog that's ever lived. We've had him since Christmas 2024 (thank you Uncle Brian!) but it feels like he's always been part of our family. We had to leave him behind on our trip to Walnut Creek and we missed him so much. Luckily, we found a great dog sitter and he had had so much fun with the other dogs she was watching. |
 |
| We all love him but Jason REALLY loves Lex. They both need a lot of wrestling and cuddling so it's a perfect match. My favorite thing about Lex is how much he loves the kids. Every night before bed, he walks into Rose and Jason's bedroom to check on them. Every morning, he walks to them for his morning cuddles. When they go to school or camp, he waits dutifully by the front door for their return. It's really sweet and makes the twice-daily vacuuming well worth it (he sheds so much!). |
Comments
Post a Comment