2020 Rolls On: May - July

It's been a little minute since I last blogged, at least in my personal non-lawyer capacity.  After over a year of hemming and hawing I FINALLY launched the new zimmer.legal website.  

For years I had a simple landing page.  I didn't envision my website as anything more than confirmation that I am a real person and a lawyer.  However, over the past year it really started to gnaw on me that my website didn't reflect my personality or the way I practice law.  I've heard again and again that my clients really appreciate my plain speak and ability to make them feel comfortable with complicated legal issues. And yet, if you looked at my old website you would have no idea that I was any different than any other lawyer.

After being somewhat ambivalent about my practice over the past few years, the coronavirus economic uncertainty made me realize how good I've got it.  On the five year anniversary of jumping back into private practice, I've decided to double down and really take advantage of my freedom as a sole practitioner (I wrote about that here). 

Hence my irreverent and hopefully endearing website.  It's kind of a beta version (I'll be getting some help with new photos and some other design tweaks here and there) but it feels so good to have gotten it done.  And for some reason I am ridiculously proud of teaching myself how to use squarespace to switch templates and add pages, etc.

I'm most excited (and nervous) to share my legal blog with the world.  For years I've kept a running list of interesting privacy odds and ends that I wanted to explore but just didn't have time.  I still don't really have time but I'm committing to an editorial calendar anyway.

On a personal level, we're all safe and healthy and enjoying our groundhog day existence.  We have a good weekend routine going too.  Saturdays we tend to go to Tarzana for swimming and grilling & Sundays we hit the beach or get the baby pool going in the backyard.

Rosie's first chocolate ice cream!

Jason and his pirate crew.

Lily lookin' like a model in the backyard.

The biscuits back at the beach for the first time in May.  The lack of pollution was so nice.  Unfortunately it seems like all the cars are back on the road somehow.

Building a magna-tile mega mansion.

A masked Lily enjoying the sunset on the pier a few weeks ago.

Chasing squirrels and eating french fries at a park this past weekend.

Jason is so excited to get new glasses!  His prescription is lighter and he doesn't need the eye patch anymore. We're so happy.  Side note, this was taken during Rosie's nap time, which Jason considers his daily personal Netflix and chill time.  As soon as Rosie goes down for her nap, Jason strips his clothes off, gets in his favorite armchair and watches Halloween themed shows.  We haven't figured out why being in his underwear is part of this routine but I guess it's not the worst thing in the world.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape