Hitting a Wall
I can’t believe I haven’t blogged in over a month. January was so busy that I think I needed all
of February to recover… and apparently I’m still not recovered because I’m tired...
so tired. About two weeks ago I hit a wall where I really felt like I might
actually die from being tired (even though no one has ever died from being
tired).
I was so desperate that I bit the bullet and decided to
sleep-train Rosie after much hemming and hawing. We tried to sleep train Lily when
she was about this age and it did not go well. She cried infinite tears and
still didn’t sleep through the night until she was well over a year old. Jason
has been such a champ sleeper from day one that we never had to sleep train
him. It turns out that all of my worrying was pretty much for naught because it
only took 2 days. We put her porta crib in the cave and I fed her at 10 before
we went to bed. For those first two nights she woke up at about 3 and cried a
lot but I was so tired and she was far enough away that I let her cry. By the 3rd
night she was sleeping from 10-7 without waking! We were absolutely shocked
that it ended up being so easy. Of course, 2 nights later Jason figured out how
to climb out of his crib so 1 sleep disruption has been replaced by another.
In addition to sleep-training her, I decided to wean Rosie.
I love nursing but it’s so hard to do when I’m trying to get work done during
the day. Trying to time nursing her and then having to pump when she had bottles
was so frustrating. On top of that she’s clearly growing out of it because her
nursing sessions have naturally gotten shorter and shorter. I also really want to go back on my narcolepsy medication, which I can't do until I've weaned her.
It's going okay and I think she’ll probably be totally done with nursing within a week.
I’m a little sad that I’m ending nursing so much earlier than the other two but
on the other hand, I’m really looking forward to losing the rest of my baby
weight, which has been pretty impossible while nursing. The first 15 pounds came
off so easily but the last 15 are killing me.
Anyway, I’m trying not to make this a complainy-post but I guess
I’ve gotta keep it real. Today was one of those days where EVERYTHING went wrong and it's been a rough month overall.
I just keep repeating my mantra of "this too shall pass." And Rosie’s 6 month checkup today
was a reality check that I need to cherish this time while I can because it’s
way too fleeting.

Comments
Post a Comment