Halloween Recap

Am I the only one who always procrastinates in making Halloween plans?  I feel like everyone else has their crew and set plans for trick-or-treating and I'm always texting people at the last minute, trying to figure it out...  We ended up meeting up with Lily's friends so it all worked out in the end.  Still, Halloween is one of those instances where I end up feeling like a bit of a stranger among the moms who clearly make more of an effort to socialize and arrange playdates than I do.  Luckily Lily doesn't seem to notice or care!

You can't really tell but I'm wearing my Mother of Dragons shirt.  Jason is Drogon, the largest of Dany's 3 dragons and Rosie was Rhaegal.  I had this whole plan to wrap the stroller in tin foil and put blue eyes on it so the stroller could be zombie Viserion but you can guess what happened...  I ran out of time and was scrambling at the last minute and wasn't able to do anything other than throw on their costumes and my shoes.

Lily was a basketball player.  I'm not sure what else to say other than this was probably the laziest Halloween costume I've ever seen.

Jason hamming it up with a goat at Tanaka farms last week.
 
And look, it's me!  In an actual photo with my children instead of behind the lens!

I love how Jason loves to brush Lily's hair before school.  
 
During my Monday workout, I kept focusing on a flower way up in Barb's bamboo.  On Thursday the EXACT SAME FLOWER had fallen to the ground and was waiting for me in her yard before yoga.  I am definitely getting more sentimental and spiritual as I get older because this felt significant somehow.  Almost like a reminder that nothing is permanent and there's a cycle to everything.  Flowers bloom and die and each stage has its purpose...

Rosie melted me with smiles this morning.  I have to be honest, she's not what I'd call a happy baby (yet).  She's not really unhappy either, which is good, but she's not quick to smile like Jason was at this age.  I wish she gave us more smiles but I'll take what we can get!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape