Trying to see my Abs Again
Words really can't describe how much I don't want to start working out again. It's almost as much as I don't like wearing my Spanx corset... which is why it's time for me to start working out again. With each pregnancy I've stuffed myself into the same awful contraption. It's been a successful strategy because (1) it allows me to button my pants; and (2) it makes me so ungodly hot and uncomfortable that I am motivated to get back into shape. Nothing keeps me on track like having wires digging into my side for 12 hours a day. The only time I don't wear it is when I'm wearing workout pants that basically have spanx built into them. (Side note, thank you sister Kim for introducing me to high quality leggings... I had no idea how life-changing they would be!)
I starting walking Lily and her friend to school again last week. Normally that would be a lame workout but pushing a double stroller through the wood chip path for 2 miles round trip actually gets my blood pumping. This week (maybe today if I can get it up) I'm going to start on the indoor bike again with the goal of doing 30 minutes 2 times a week and tomorrow I am seeing Barb for the first time to start strength training. I don't think I'll ever be someone who enjoys working out, but I do feel ready. At the very least it's an excuse to get out of the house! I love working from home but working from home and caring for an infant are making me a little stir-crazy...
I kept my workouts with Barb through the whole pregnancy mainly just to keep the habit going. Still, I think it served me well and as my belly tightens up and the weight is slowly coming off, I can start to see my abs again. At one point in my 3rd trimester I remember telling Matt that I felt really strong from my training; like there was a ripped core underneath my swollen pregnant exterior... I guess I'll put that theory to the test now! And Lily might be my little motivator. On Saturday she told me that she wants to start going on jogs together once I'm ready... she is so sweet.
At least this time she was sweet. The title of this post comes from an epic burn she laid on Matt a few years ago that went something like this "You know how some men take their shirts off when they run and you can see their abs? Daddy has abs but you can't see them." (Side note, you actually can see them now so stuff it Lily).
| A post-workout selfie about a week before Rosie was born. By the end, Barb and I couldn't make it through a workout without laughing at how funny I looked and felt with my giant bump. |

Comments
Post a Comment