Fall!

I love Fall (it's my favorite season) but I always miss my childhood in NJ/CT and my years in Chicago this time of year.  The weather barely shifts here (OMG, it's only 73* today instead of 76*!) and I feel nostalgic for jumping in leaf piles and crisp walks through Lincoln Park.  Also, I really like tall boots and I never get to wear them here!  Boo-hoo...

But seriously, living in LA is weird (for a lot of reasons). The lack of seasons can make you feel like you're in one long groundhog day loop of ennui.  Without any seasonal markers of the passage of time, sometimes I feel like there's nothing to really look forward to.

Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas never feel like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas to me anymore.  Lily's school calls the break over the holidays "Winter break" but that's kind of a joke since we usually hit up the beach and Disneyland (side note, they call her break in February "ski week" under the assumption that we're all rich and athletic... sigh).

Back when we lived in Chicago, I used to get a little depressed around February because we wouldn't see the sun for months at a time.  In L.A., I start to get a little depressed around September because I'm dying for some actual Fall weather - clouds, rain, even a 10* drop in temperature so I could wear a sweater would be nice!

Anyway, I'm forcing my entire family to go to a harvest fair on a farm next week so hopefully that will help push us toward a Fall-feeling!  In the meantime, here's what we've been up to this week.

Matt juggled both babes.

I treated myself to some new makeup from Glossier.  I really like it all but the lash slick mascara is amazing!  Seriously the best mascara I've ever tried and I have tried them ALL.


Jason went to a friend's birthday party and spent the whole time running around the park rather than playing with his friend.

Jason gave Jakers some love with his blankie.

Rosie made this amazing face just before pooping in Matt's lap.

Miriam and Jason went to the pumpkin patch.  There was also a petting zoo and a little piglet fell in love with Jason and followed him around.


We took the kids to the "sea lab" at the corner of Herondo and Hermosa Ave.  We saw some fish and sand sharks, which caused Jason to sing the baby shark sai



Jason got his first real haircut on Wednesday!
Lily and I snuck away last night after dinner for a Godiva ice cream treat.
Rosie is one month old today!
And in other news not depicted via photo, Jason has been telling us when he has to go poop and in some cases when he's already gone.  The other night I caught him before the act and put him on the little potty.  He was a pretty good sport and ended up pooping on the floor next to the potty.  I was actually thrilled because it was some serious progress!  We're off to get popusas at the farmer's market now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape