We're in the home stretch now! If I deliver this little one at the same time as Lily, the big day would be this Thursday & if it's the same time as Jason it would be this coming Sunday. Either way, I feel like we're on borrowed time, just waiting for labor to kick into gear. I definitely feel like it will be in the next week but we'll see... at my checkup last week the doctor said the baby is about 5 1/2 pounds, which would make her smaller than Lily and Jason at birth. Maybe that means she'll need more time in the oven? I suppose it's silly to try and guess these things... but that doesn't mean I'll stop. :)
Work has continued to be quite busy the past few month so I don't have too much to report. Aside from Lily's summer camps, we're kept a pretty normal schedule. I'm more than a little jealous of the vacations that everyone else has taken this summer but hoping that we can get away in the winter once our new one is a few months old. I'm in this strange cycle where I've been working so much that I don't have much free time, which stinks, but then when I actually do have free time where I'm not working or caring for the kids I almost don't know what to do with myself. I guess the little one's arrival will take care of this "problem" for me... ha ha.
Here are some pictures since I last posted.
 |
| The bump as of 2 weeks ago, when we were out celebrating Lily's 9th birthday. I can't believe she's 9! |
 |
| Lily showing off her underwater moves. |
 |
| Jason playing his favorite game that he calls "picnic time," which consists of him yelling "Here you go Mommy" and throwing cloth produce my way. |
 |
| Lil and I attended the annual movie-in-the-park night in Hermosa & Lil won a strange animal visor in a trivia contest. We couldn't figure out what it's supposed to be- moose? mouse? |
 |
| Jason eating his first popsicle. |
 |
| Riding the train at Disneyland on Lily's birthday. We had so much fun and Jason is still talking about it. Yesterday Lily asked him "What are you thinking about in your baby brain?" and he answered "Disneyland!" |
 |
| Lily with her girls at her birthday party. Her birthday had quite the lasting effect on Jason. He seems to think that saying "Happy Birthday" to someone is a compliment like "I like you" or something. For the past few days he's been telling me "Happy birthday to you Mommy!" |
 |
| Matt and Jason with his new toy Biscuit. Lily insisted on using one of her Barnes and Noble gift cards to buy this for him because he kept hugging and kissing it when we were there the other day. I told her she didn't need to do that but she was determined, saying "I love him so much and he loves that so I want to buy it for him." I am still blown away by how wonderful she is to him. |
 |
| Rocking our new haircuts at Fiesta Hermosa on Saturday. |
 |
| And Lil rocking the slide at our return visit to Fiesta today. We've been living in Hermosa for 5 years now so this is our 10th Fiesta! It's become such a marker for the beginning and end of the summer. Lily goes back to school on Wednesday so it really does feel like the end of summer. She's starting 4th grade in a new school and will be able to walk to school every day with her best friend. It's such a big step but I know she's ready. She's been acting and looking so grown-up lately. It's so hard to wrap my head around the fact that it's been 9 years since she was my little one. It really does go by in the blink of an eye. |
Comments
Post a Comment