June Recap

It's been such a busy month since I last posted that I have to split it all into 2.  

It's funny to be "mid-summer" already since Lily got out of school so late this year (the 3rd week of June).  I'm seeing back-to-school sales everywhere but I feel like our summer just started.  It's  been a whirlwind of travel and work since Lily got out of school but it's slowing down a bit, which is nice.  No more business (or other) travel for me until after the new baby girl arrives.  I've already gotten some projects done around the house which were lingering for months, so that felt good.

Anyway, here goes part I, in which...

Jason "helps" Lily get ready for school by brushing her hair, messing it up again, and then brushing it again.

I went through a serious Panera Bread craving and ate there 3 times in 2 weeks.  Lily did not complain since their mac 'n cheese is her joint.  BTW, can you believe how much her braces have worked already?!  It's only been 2 months in this photo and she already has no more gaps between the front teeth.  The next stage is connecting the front braces to the back in order to bring her overbite in more.

My belly continued to grow (this is at around 26 weeks and I'm at 30 now) and I did my best to workout twice a week so my belly is the only thing that continues to grow.  Also I finally patched that rip/hole in the wall that you can see behind me after I got back from London.  At the beginning of May, my whiteboard came tumbling off the wall, taking some of the wall with it (arg, Gorilla tape).

My parents saved the day by staying with Jason for 4 days while I went to London, Matt went to the Bay Area, and Lily went to sleepaway camp in Santa Cruz.  I was so worried that he was going to wake up that Monday feeling like a character in the Leftovers whose entire family had disappeared.  He's such a happy-go-lucky guy though and made it through just fine.  He probably enjoyed getting some Grandma and Grandpa alone time too.  And of course, Miriam was there to help during the day.

Jason and his BFF lived that Hermosa Beach lifestyle!  I just got a baby pool for our backyard so they can play here too.

Jason was so happy to see Lily when we picked her up from camp.  He loved Kennolyn and she was really proud to show him off to her friends.  Oh, and Jason got these new shoes which was big news in his life.  He was strutting around talking about them for days.

We spent a lot of time just hanging out on that porch swing at Kennolyn.

Lil had to say goodbye to her 2 besties from her cabin.  Luckily one of them lives around the corner from us so she'll see her soon.  Lily had such a great time at camp this year that she's thinking of doing 3 or even 4 weeks next year instead of just 2.  I can't imagine having her gone for a whole month but we'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape