Balance... Means Sometimes I Don't Blog :(

So I blogged about balance at the beginning of last month (basically to argue that there isn't really such a thing) mostly because I knew that I was facing a really long and hard month work-wise.

The good news is, it went by in a flash despite (or because) of the fact that it was my busiest month since going out on my own 2+ years ago.

What I didn't anticipate is that June would be just as busy.  This is great news because I STILL haven't won the lottery even though Lily promised me that the numbers she picked were lucky (liar!).  But it also means that almost everything else in my life except work and family is taking a temporary back seat.

I'm not complaining; in fact, I'm not even particularly stressed even though I've been working almost every night and weekend.  I guess it goes back to my prior post about balance being more about control for me.  I could turn down the work if I wanted to (and I have turned down some) but right now I'm willing to power through and buy myself some time down the road when our baby girl arrives.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be on social media much over the next month so here's a quick update on the fam. 

Jason fell on the stairs and shoved one of his front teeth back up into his little mouth.  He looks silly but was such a trooper and barely cried through the whole ordeal.  I, on the other hand...

We found time for some couch cuddles in between my morning calls.

Jason and Lily played some Connect 4, Jason style, which means you just shove the pieces in as fast as you can.

Where's Jason?

Deep in conversation.

Matt and Lil saw Solo on opening night.

Lil had a weekend getaway with Grandma Judy and Grandpa Tom and they went bowling.

Jason discovered a water fountain at the mall.

The kids and I went to the first Fiesta Hermosa of the year.

Lil was REALLY excited about having hamburgers for dinner.

And so was Jason!

Jade, Jess and I met up in Austin for an amazing girls' weekend of lounging by the pool and eating some amazing meals.

We celebrated Matt's birthday with the best chocolate cake ever from Susie Cakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape