Versailles

The gang looking fresh-faced at the beginning of the day in front of the main gate to the chateau.  Note Lily's notebook, which she brought along to record her research notes.

This shot pretty much captures the Tasmanian Devil-ness that was Jason on Saturday.

Lily discussing 18th century royal life with our tour guide.

Jason making the following filing with the complaint department: I missed my nap! I want to lie down! I want to touch everything!

Looking a little more haggard on our way out by the hall of mirrors.

I feel bad blogging about Versailles nearly a full week after we were there but this week has been a rough adjustment back to normal life.  I got a really bad cold (possibly flu) in the middle of last week while we were in Paris and made it back home in one piece by the grace of Tylenol.  I spent most of this week sleeping and doing the bare minimum at work so I could try to get better.  I feel like I'm finally coming out of it now!

Anyway, Versailles was probably my favorite thing we did in Paris despite the fact that I was barely functional for the whole day.  Unfortunately I don't have any photos from the Austrian village because I literally couldn't lift the camera.  But the highlight of the day was visiting the farm that's just down the road from the village (the real farm; not Marie Antoinett's fake farm) and watching Jason "talk" to the sheep.  The sun came out, the kids were smiling and the scenery was just beautiful.  It was basically what I imagined our entire French vacation would be like.  Sure, it was only 10 minutes but I'll take it.  

We had a great trip but there were definitely some lessons learned about traveling with Jason.  I'm putting together a blog post on what I did right and what I'd do differently next time so stay tuned.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape