If you ask him "How old is Jason?" our little guy happily holds up an index finer and says "Wuh!" I can't believe that he's really a year old already. In some ways this year has gone by at lightning speed and yet we've crammed so much in there. Maybe that's why it feels like it went by so fast!
I almost didn't throw him a party because (a) work has been insanely busy lately; and (b) I'm tired! But then I realized that I couldn't not throw him a party, especially because I saved that Elmo cake pan for 6 years just in case we had a 2nd child and I threw that 2nd child a Sesame Street themed birthday party. I pride myself on being a minimalist but clearly I'm not perfect in that regard.
I was hoping to have better photos to share but in having an awesome time, I took almost no photos. :(
But rest assured, despite the lack of photographic evidence we did have a blast, especially because Aunt Kim and Uncle Matt came down for the festivities.
 |
| I got one last photo of the tent before I did the breakdown. Kim made the Sesame Street character pom-poms along the back "wall" and I repurposed the colorful gauze from Lily's tea party. |
 |
| Jason was so happy to swat at the bubbles the big kids were blowing his way. |
 |
| And the second Miriam arrived, he crawled straight to her and pretty much stayed glued to her the whole time. |
 |
| There he is showing us how old he is! He was in heaven, chilling with his main squeeze Hazel. They are park buddies and spend almost every day together. I had actually never met her or her parents and then a few weeks ago we were in Vons and Jason started gesturing toward a baby. She looked straight at him and squealed "Jay-show!" Then Lily said "I think that's Hazel." Sure enough, it was! Her Dad and I got such a kick out of their supermarket run-in. Jason is quite the social butterfly. |
 |
| My little birthday dude! He LOVED watching the candle sparkler but I was shocked at how little he seemed to enjoy the cupcakes and cake. I remember Lily being all about her cupcake at her first birthday party. |
 |
| My menz. |
 |
| I tried to get a photo of the sweets table before it was ransacked. And now that I'm looking at this photo, I am so tempted to go downstairs and eat one of those leftover Hostess cupcakes. Thank goodness I brushed my teeth already. |
 |
| Since we had a pretty packed weekend for his birthday, we did almost nothing this weekend. We tried to get back into our old brunch habit now that Jason's getting older & we did some Christmas shopping. Later on Sunday we hung out at the park and Lily made "a rock castle that's a booby trap so it will fall on whoever's hand touches it." I was like "that's dark, man." |
 |
| In contrast to this guy, who was all smiles. I think he was just psyched to get to play on the big kid stuff instead of the usual toddler area. You could tell he was riding high and feeling like a man! |
Comments
Post a Comment