Thankful

I am soooo excited for Thanksgiving this year!  It's been such a busy Fall that we barely celebrated Halloween but I am taking today off to give my full attention to Thanksgiving prep.  We're also having all of our interior doors replaced today and a new light fixture installed in the upstairs hallway.  I was so happy that both of these could get squeezed in before we entertain tomorrow.

Every year when we go around the table and say what we're thankful for, I always say "my family" (because it's true!).  This year, I double mean it, though.  I spent Lily's first 4 years not really sure if I wanted to have a 2nd child and then the next almost 2 wanting it but not sure if it was going to happen.  Now, we've got an almost 1 year old!  

I pinch myself every day because I really do feel so thankful for our little guy.  He's such a happy dude and brings us so much joy.  He's such an easy going baby; always laughing and waving at everyone.  

He's also shown us how kind, patient and compassionate Lily is.  We were a little worried that after 7 years of being an only child, she wouldn't be crazy about having a little brother in the mix.  Instead, she genuinely loves having him around and constantly says things like "I can't believe I used to not have a brother," and "Jason is my favorite person on the planet."  Sometimes when it looksl ike she's "bugging" him & I'm about to tell her to leave him alone, I look over at his face and he's perfectly content.  He loves any attention from his big sister.

All that said, I always felt, and still feel, that if we hadn't had a 2nd child, we would have been OK.  We were lucky enough to have Lily and I never had that feeling that 1 wasn't enough or that our family wasn't complete without another.  So for anyone reading who is trying for a 2nd and going through fertility issues (it seems to be pretty common), or who is wondering whether you should have a 2nd, I hope this doesn't make you feel sad.  And feel free to reach out if you want to chat.  Family planning is an emotional roller coaster & I'm a pretty open book about my experience & what it's like to have kids pretty far apart in age.

Anyway, much love to my peeps & Happy Thanksgiving!

I think we're entering the final day of the sink bath stage... he's just too darn big!

Lily & I put this hat on him at Old Navy last week and pretty much haven't taken it off since.

Deep in conversation.

Lookin' so pretty and grown up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape