Sick. Trip. Sick.
When I was younger, I prided myself on never being sick. I think I had a fever one time when I was a kid... and there was that time in 7th grade that I threw up from bad Taco Bell and everyone thought I was faking being sick because my 7th grade boyfriend had dumped me earlier that day... hee-hee. But aside from those 2 times I was never sick.
Since hitting my thirties I seem to get a cold once a year. It's not the worst thing in the world but it always throws me for a loop. I feel like karmically, isn't having a chronic autoimmune condition enough? Why do I have to deal with run-of-the-mill colds too?
I ended up being full on bed-ridden for most of last Thursday & Friday but I still rallied and took the red-eye to Philly for a whirlwind weekend with my college besties Maryte & Oskar. I was 1/2 sick the whole time but we still had fun eating some good foods and seeing some sites. Mostly it was just nice to catch up and reconnect... and day-drink! I can't really do that anymore since I've got kiddos to tend to but since I was flyin' solo, I was very happy to imbibe in some afternoon old fashioneds... which turned into evening old fashioneds!
Since hitting my thirties I seem to get a cold once a year. It's not the worst thing in the world but it always throws me for a loop. I feel like karmically, isn't having a chronic autoimmune condition enough? Why do I have to deal with run-of-the-mill colds too?
I ended up being full on bed-ridden for most of last Thursday & Friday but I still rallied and took the red-eye to Philly for a whirlwind weekend with my college besties Maryte & Oskar. I was 1/2 sick the whole time but we still had fun eating some good foods and seeing some sites. Mostly it was just nice to catch up and reconnect... and day-drink! I can't really do that anymore since I've got kiddos to tend to but since I was flyin' solo, I was very happy to imbibe in some afternoon old fashioneds... which turned into evening old fashioneds!
| Gaucho! He's still the same cutie but definitely entering that "I sleep all day" stage of older dog life. |
| Um, this is what happens when two nerdos try to take a selfie- we spend 15 seconds trying to look good, then start laughing and give up. |
![]() |
| Oskar & Maryte at the Magic Gardens, which Lily later told me looked like a dumpster version of Chihuly. |

Comments
Post a Comment