Every time I think I'm settling into a manageable routine, there's always a monkey wrench or two thrown in there. Sometimes the wrench is external but lately it's just been my narcolepsy creeping up again. Being pregnant & nursing an infant was exhausting but the super-duper hormone infusion that came with them gave me extra mom energy to deal with it. Now that I'm done nursing & my hormones are back to normal, I'm back to normal narcolepsy me. For the most part I'm able to get through the weeks on coffee & adrenaline but the weekends have always been harder. My body just kind of shuts down and wants to lie down on the floor or sofa all. day. long.
We saw War on Drugs in concert last week and Future Islands a few weeks ago. Both shows were really good but by 9:30 I felt done & staying awake was painful. As Matt joked "What? Your narcolepsy means you can't stay awake when listening to music at night in the dark?" Sadly yes, so I am skipping the National at the Hollywood Bowl tomorrow night even though they are one of my favorite bands ever. I just know it's going to be too much for me, especially since Thursday kicks off a whirlwind week where we go to San Diego for Lizzy & Kevin's wedding weekend, we come home only for me to head right back to San Diego on Monday night for the IAPP PSR conference, then Matt heads to Montreal for a guys' weekend right after I get back from my conference. And somehow amidst all this and my actual job and actual parenting, I have to create my new website before said conference so my business cards don't point people toward a professional abyss... This is going to take a lot of coffee!
 |
| This guy is too much. That laugh makes everything better. Everything. |
 |
| Lily doing some sort of comedy bit for me. She's been making up accents, characters, crazy dances, etc. It's insane and so entertaining. Future SNL cast member? |
 |
| I think his sink-bath days might be numbered since he pretty much refuses to sit down now. |
 |
| Selfie at War on Drugs at the Greek Theater. Living in Los Angeles can feel like such a grind but the Greek is one of those places that makes it seem magical and worth it. |
 |
| Enjoying coffee cake, cocoa, and coffee at Hi-Fi Espresso, our new neighborhood coffee shop at the corner of 2nd and PCH. |
 |
| Goofin' with Daddy. Jason has been so into Matt the past few weeks. He's all about Da-Da. |
 |
| I left Lily a little Yoda amigurumi as a surprise to wake up to. I got this crochet kit a while ago and had such a hard time with it. I took a break and then did a class at Joann Fabrics last week, which was awesome. It's still a little hard but I'm enjoying it and have moved onto the next project, a little storm trooper. |
 |
| The New Yorker comics slay me. For some reason "Why Betty Boop head look like dat?" has been sending me into fits of giggles for weeks. It reminds me of when I was little and we would visit Aunt Cathy & Uncle Richard. They didn't have cable so we would watch old VHS tapes of cartoons like the Peanuts and Betty Boop. This is why I know the whole Flash Beagle song by heart and also know that Betty Boop's boyfriend is a brick shithouse ice-hauler. These are important things to know. |
Comments
Post a Comment