Rounding out July

Matt sent me this photo when I was in Miami for work at the end of July. It made me want to go home so badly!  My poor little guy looks so serious.

This one really pushed me over the edge.  I ended up catching an earlier flight so I got home at around 4 PM instead of 1 AM.

Another one Matt took while I was gone.

About a month ago an old lady crashed into my brand new Atlas while she was changing lanes.  I wasn't even in her blind spot; I was actually in front of her.  She basically admitted fault at the scene, then lied to her insurance company and told them that I hit her AT 50 MPH!  I was so angry but luckily her insurance company saw through her web of lies and accepted full responsibility for the accident.  

Jason loves hanging out in his big sis' bunk bed.

Straight muggin'.

My GOT spread for the premiere.  I can't believe we're already 5 episodes in.  I am still a fangirl and love all things GOT but I have to say, the pacing of this season is really jarring.  I like that there's a lot of action and development toward the wars to come.  That said, the fast pacing makes it feel like a different show.  One of the things I've always really liked about the show is that it's kind of like a baseball game- lots of slow periods punctuated by explosive moments that you can't predict.  The explosions need all of those lulls to set up their import and give them context.  Also, I can't reconcile the fact that Arya spent a whole season with the Hound walking from north of Kings Landing to Rivverun and then to the Vale, and Jon spend about 1/2 a season walking from the Wall to Mance Raider's free folk war town, but now characters traverse twice those distances without any mention.  The 7 kingdoms are vast, which is why it's a big deal for 1 king (or queen) to rule them all.  When characters start hopping up and down the continent like it's no thang, detracts from the grandiosity.  Anyway, that's my rant... I still love the show to death and can't believe I have to wait 6 whole days for the next episode so they must be doing something right!

Aunt Kim & Jason when Kim & Matt were visiting in late July.

Jason eating some sand at his first trip to the beach.

Matt & I at Third Eye Blind at St. Rocke (the reason Matt & Kim came down to hang with us).  It was so fun!   

Lil when I picked her up from camp on the 22nd.  She seemed so independent and grown-up, showing me around and introducing me to all of her counselors and friends. 
Lil & her BFF who lives around the corner form us in Hermosa too.  They were bunk-mates (Lil had top bunk).


Showing off her archery skills.  She actually got a "wooden nickel" for getting a bullseye in archery.

Selfie on the swing at camp.

Jason was so happy to see his big sister again!

He's eating full on human food now.  Those 7 teeth are coming in handy!

One of the nice things about being in Miami for work was that I got to get dressed up and go out a few times.  It felt downright strange to wear clothes that weren't stained with breast milk and baby food.  And, since Jason wasn't with me nursing, I was able to have some cocktails & enjoy myself between work functions.

Unfortunately I didn't get any beach time in but I did get to do a beach workout with my clients, which was really fun. 

But it was SOOOO nice to get back home to my family and mornings in bed.  I love how these two are always crawling on each other and "wrestling" now.

Jason loves to roll over Lily and then kick her with his little feet while she pretends to be gravely injured.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape