End of Summer

Our birthday girl at North Italia, her restaurant of choice, on the 16th.

She and I celebrated by going to Disneyland last Friday, just the two of us.

She is looking so grown up now!  She had her 8 year old checkup the other day and she's 61 lbs, 6 oz & 50 & 3/4 inches tall.

I could hear him squawking but couldn't see him... until I looked under the couch!

Trying to break out of his pack 'n play head first as I set up Lily's party last week.

The final result- a rainbow tea party!

Snack/ treat table with various types of lemonade.

All the girls had a great time!

This is what happens when I need to get work done so I let Jason loose in my room.

He wanted to type so badly that I finally just disconnected the keyboard and let him go to town.

We saw Hamilton on Tuesday night with my parents, Sonal & Shelly.  It really was amazing!  I went in kind of skeptical due to all of the hype but I actually enjoyed it.

Yes Jason, Costco is amazing.

I just finished weaning him 2 days ago and he's all bottles, all the time now.  He's been occasionally grabbing at my shirt and trying to dive into there but for the most part, he seems fine with switching to formula.  I nursed Lily much longer, and intended to do the same with him, but he has 8 teeth vs. Lily's 2 at this age!  I also think that he eats a lot more often than her (despite the fact that he's way skinnier than she was), which has made nursing harder since work has been so busy for me.  On top of all that, I am really ready to lose the last 8 pounds and get back to my normal weight, which I knew wouldn't happen until I stopped nursing.  It was time but I am a little sad about closing this chapter.  I'm making sure to get lots of snuggles in while he takes his bottles.

But the nice thing is now everyone can share in the feeding duties.  Jason LOVES when Lily feeds him, or really pays any attention to him at all.

Playing some variation on Otrio that involves putting the pieces on your ears like earrings.

Smiling after Lily's gymnastics performance yesterday.

I was about to tell Lily to stop putting her brother in a box but he was thrilled and laughed the whole time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape