October in Hermosa

Watching the Blue Angels in SF a few weeks ago.  It was such a beautiful day!

Matt showing off his Giants love... which has now morphed into Cubs love.  We were so excited that they beat the Dodgers last night.  We're ready for the World Series to start now!

Beam work during gymnastics last week.  She's only been at it for a few months but is already getting stronger.

At a ravioli-making class at Williams Sonoma last week.  She was very proud at how well they turned out.

Getting her ears pierced at Claire's last Sunday!  She has been asking to do it for a long time so we finally took the plunge last week.  I had warned her it would hurt a bit but apparently I scared her for no reason because she said it didn't hurt at all.

Cuddling with Dad in the morning.  I'm not sure if it's the impending baby and wanting to hang onto her own childhood but lately she's started coming into our bed to cuddle for a few minutes when our alarms go off.  Friday morning she actually fell back to sleep instead.

Saturday morning cuddles with our kicking boy.  She loves talking to him and feeling him push and kick against her.

Playing "museum" in her room yesterday.

Riding the ferris wheel at our church's fair yesterday.

Lil did the slide twice...

... and the swings twice!

Doing her "waiting dance" this morning while we waited for our Lyft to take us to the Manhattan Beach Pier for the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk.

Still dancin'!

Stretching out before the walk.  Lil was so excited to do the walk and support her school and the other local organizations like the Friendship Circle.  I wasn't sure how I'd do in my big-bellied state but we made it the whole was from MB Pier to Hermosa Pier (2 miles!).  Maybe it was due to my super-comfy Skechers walking shoes?  I fell in love with a pair of Nikes a while back but actually bought the Skechers version instead because they were more comfy than the Nikes.  It's like walking on pillows.  :)  Anyway, we had a really nice time and Skechers does a great thing for the community with this walk.  This year we raised over 1.6 million dollars for south bay schools (including our own) and organizations.

We rewarded ourselves with breakfast at Hennessy's in Hermosa afterward.  By the end of breakfast I was so tired that we ordered our Lyft (this time Matt!) to drive us home.  Even the ~1 mile home from downtown Hermosa was too much for me after the 2 mile walk earlier.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape