Halfway There!

I can't believe I'm 20 weeks along tomorrow!  This summer has been a whirlwind of work & travel so I've made almost no progress on the nursery but I'm sure we'll get there.  I planted an orange tree outside the window on Sunday.  It's too small to see anything but the tippy-top but as it grows it will give Lil' B something nice to look at... or at least nicer than a plain brown picket fence and our neighbors' 70's style house.

Lil & I went to a "Pirate Adventure Show" at Buena Park for a school field trip a few weeks ago.  It was ear-splitting and one of the worst hours of my life but the kids thought it was amazing.

A few weeks ago Matt and I (mostly Matt) built this fence to get both cars in the garage and hide our trash bins from view.  Lil wanted to mug next to it for some reason.

Lil and I went to Nashville on the 22nd for a long weekend with Jess & her family.  The kids had so much fun!  Jess and I just barely managed to beat the heat in our pregnant states (her little girl is due any day now).  Somehow we didn't get a single picture of ourselves all weekend; just the kiddos!

We visited Nashville's full scale replica of the Parthenon!

And got pedicures!

And ate amazing food, including lunch at the Loveless cafe.

And once we were back in Hermosa we hit up the fish shop for dinner.

Where Jim and Matt taunted Shelly (who had to work late and couldn't come) with their oysters.

We took a walk on Manhattan Beach pier on Saturday and Lil took this photo.

And on Sunday we had a much-needed beach day with Shelly & Jim.  Lily lived out her favorite DNCE song by eating cake-pops by the ocean and making crazy faces.
Our cousins arrive from Chicago tomorrow & Lily can barely contain her excitement.  Matt and I are seeing Radiohead on Thursday night and our 10 year wedding anniversary is on Friday.  And then on Monday we've got our 20 week ultrasound.  Lil can't wait to see the baby again.  I was supposed to fly to Miami for a business trip next week but the CDC Zika warning yesterday put a stop to that.  So instead, I'll keep plugging away at work from home.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape