Matt and I took the most amazing week away from it all this month. My parents watched Lily here while we ate, drank, slept, read and lounged our way through a week in Playa del Carmen with Josh & Lindsay and Shelly & Jim. It was heaven!
 |
| Love this photo of Shell... she looks so happy and relaxed! |
 |
| Matt chasing one of the huge iguanas on the property. |
 |
| The terrain at Tulum was unreal- desert like in some places & jungle-like in others... |
 |
| ... and it all abuts the beautiful turquoise sea. |
 |
| All 6 of us in front of the water temple at Tulum. After Tulum we rode ATVs through the jungle and then swam in an underground cenote, which was one of the coolest experiences of my life. My claustrophobia was in high gear at how low the cave was but I kept focusing on Linds swimming in front of me. Once I opened my eyes and looked down I felt this sense of calm and peace at how cavernous it was below us. I never thought I'd be able to do something like that since even seeing people go into tight spaces on TV makes me feel anxious. I'm so glad I powered through and did it. This was the only excursion day; the rest of the time we were in swimsuits with drinks in hand! |
 |
| Beach from Tulum. It's not hard to understand why this was considered a holy and royal place. The history is so interesting and the scenery felt magical. |
 |
| The boys at breakfast. |
 |
| Matt & I with Josh & Linds on the first night, before Shelly & Jim had joined us. I went a little too hard the first night, mixing tequila, wine and champaigne and paid for it the next day. I just stuck to Don Julio blanco on ice the rest of the week and felt much better. |
 |
| Matt enjoying some tequila in the rain outside our room. |
 |
| At our favorite beach bar before dinner one night. |
 |
| In front of the main lobby. |
 |
| Our casita, 2804. I miss sitting on that balcony so much. I spent most mornings there, switching between sun and shade. We were hoping that we'd all have adjacent casitas but it didn't work out that way. Still, we were all pretty close together. |
 |
| There's a lazy river canal system that connects all of the casitas with the main pool and swim-up bar for our group. We all got a kick out of swimming between our rooms and the bar. To the right of this area was my hammock, which became my favorite afternoon nap spot. |
 |
| But the best part, hands down, was our beach bed. Each couple had one and we would all chat, read, listen to music and doze in and out of sleep before heading back to the pool bar in the afternoon. This beach bed is my happy place! |
Comments
Post a Comment