The Best Day of Lily's Life

The last time Lil and I hit up Disney (a whopping 10 days before this visit!) we renewed our annual passes at a higher level so we can now go to the park on Sundays too.  We took advantage right away but convincing Shelly & Michael to join us for a Disney day while Matt, Jim & Andrew were tied up with other things.  The result was an awesomely fun day which Lily declared to be "The best day of my life!"  That might be tied to the fact that she got souvenirs from Shelly AND Michael... but hopefully it's more tied to the great company we all had.

Making wishes at Snow White's well.

Teacup selfie!

As everyone who has been to Disney with me (or who has read this blog) knows, I LOVE all things Alice in Wonderland.  This semi-hidden Chesire Cat is one of my favorite parts of Fantasyland.

Michael & Lil on the monorail.  Michael grew up in Orange County and is the only person I know who knows more about Disneyland than I do!  He made sure we got on the very front of the monorail which requires chatting up the driver and asking politely if you can sit with him... who knew?!  It was an awesome view!

Shelly & I on the monorail.  I love when we actually get a photo of us together because even though we see each other almost every day I don't have many photos of us... I guess we're too busy livin' life!  ;)

I LOVE this photo Michael took of Lil and I at the front of the 'rail.

By 6 we were all pretty hungry so we took the monorail to the Disneyland hotel and ate dinner at Goofy's Kitchen.  We were a little skeptical when we saw the price & the buffet but it was actually really good food and well worth it... especially the dessert buffet!  I thought Lil might be getting a little old for the characters but she was still so into it.  Every 30 minutes they did a character parade through the restaurant and everyone waived their napkins in the air.  We were all into it!  Lil was so crazy excited about it all and she begged me for the photo package of her with Goofy & some special recipes from the restaurant that we can make at home.  I usually don't take the bait on those kinds of things but I caved on this one.


Action shot from her last tennis class.

Her 3 besties from kindergarten that she does tennis with every week now.

I can't figure out how to rotate this but it's a story Lily wrote about the time she watched Goonies with Jim, Shelly, Stef, me & Matt.  Her drawing of the scene where Chunk and Sloth are chained to chairs is amazing.

Another writing exercise where Lily wrote about how to make macaroni & cheese.  Apparently you have to boil it for 55 minutes!  Matt and I had a good laugh over this... it probably feels like 55 minutes to her when she's hungry and waiting for it to be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop for a Minute

To Grandmother's House We Go