We are in the middle of a glorious heatwave! After being relatively "LA" cold for the past few months (the low 60*s, people!), it's been in the high 70*s and even low 80*s for the past week. We are soaking it up with lots of time outside.
Work has been nutty for me because I signed a new client to a steady monthly arrangement. It's really exciting and an amazing opportunity but I am spending a lot of time learning about the company and re-wetting my chops in my old practice areas. I am trying to force myself to take an hour a day to take a walk, stretch, watch a show, color or do anything besides work at my desk because it's too easy for a type A-er like me to fall into that habit of working all day. Still, even on those days, which have been common lately, I get to work from my home, in my jeans, and with my best friends so it's all good!
 |
| After school Disney Day on Jan 27th. We've got an all day Disney day planned for next Thursday when Lil is out of school all week for Ski Week. Yes friends, her school has a Ski Week. It's moments like these where I question the kind of people we are to raise a child in L.A. |
 |
| For some reason Matt thought this was funny... I guess that I'm a 34 year old woman who still goes to Disneyland with her Dad? Matt should be so lucky to do the same with Lil in 30 years! |
 |
| Trying out the new Iron Man VR game. |
 |
| Super excited about her light up Millenium Falcon ice cube. |
 |
| We babysat K for 2 nights a few weeks ago and he was determined to be as much like Lil as possible. He brushed his teeth and then put his head in my lap for flossing. He toddled after her wherever she went and drove her nuts like any little "brother" does. But there were really sweet moments too where she would show tenderness and read him books or distract him with goofy dances and songs. |
 |
| I still love Sesame Street in the morning. Normally Lil says it's for babies but I can tell she secretly still loves watching it when K is here. |
 |
| Lil introduced K to the Lego Movie, which he LOVED. At one point he was just cheering at the TV- pumping his fist in the air saying "YEAH! YEAH!" |
 |
| Lil's whole class after their Dolphin Dash fundraiser. Lil's class raised the most money for 1st grade so they get an extra recess. |
 |
| It's been almost a year since we went to the crepe place because Matt isn't crazy about it and it's expensive and operates at a leisurely French pace which is great when you're in the mood and torturous when you're not... but Lil and I still love and I had our fill of fondue after tennis last Friday. |
 |
| So happy to open her Valentine's goody bag from Shelly & Jim & Stef & Jakers the dog. Matt and I are going out on a date on Saturday night because he has to work on Sunday (it's Soothe's biggest day of the year being so romantical and all). Then on Sunday Liz and I are taking Lil and K up to Santa Barbara for the day. |
Comments
Post a Comment