The Weekend

Lil rocks socks and sandals like no other.  She looks like such a big girl in this picture.  Tomorrow Lil will be performing a science experiment in front of her whole class by herself as the very first Scientist of the Week!  She's very excited and was practicing with Matt this afternoon.

This is how we do random October weekends in Hermosa.  It was so dang hot yesterday that the only thing we could do was make a pitcher of sangria, pack some sandwiches and snacks and head to the beach.  I almost never actually go swimming in the ocean but yesterday I took the plunge.  It felt amazing!  

Someone ate 4 mini cupcakes!

And someone else decided that posing with a boogie board was easier than sucking in his gut.  It's so easy for me to snipe from BEHIND the camera.  :)

Matt and I were preoccupied with errands around the house for most of the day so Lily decided to play dress up and dolls at the same time.  Boom!  We made it out of the house for church this morning but it was so hot there that I almost passed out.  Apparently heat really negatively affects people with narcolepsy.  I thought it was all in my head but then through my trust friend Google learned that it's not just me, it's a real thing.  It explains why I have been so God awful tired this summer even though I've been really diligent about taking my naps and have been much less stressed about work stuff.  So I'm basically just accepting my exhaustion for the time being and waiting out the heat wave... which seems like it's going to break this Wednesday.  :)

We ended the weekend with homemade pot roast at Shelly & Jim's.  While we were watching the Niner game Lily made us special headbands to wear... and so we did.
The week ahead looks like it's going to be a busy one.  I have FOUR client calls tomorrow alone.  But I know that's a good thing and I'm thankful for it.  Unfortunately it's going to be another scorcher.  Our house is fine for the first 2/3 of the day but by about 2 or 3 it's like an oven and but if you open the windows the hot air just comes rushing in... I know I shouldn't complain given how great the weather is most of the time, but... I am a complainy pants!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape