We've fallen into a nice rhythm since school started and Lily really likes her teacher.  She said she likes 1st grade "way better" than kindergarten.

Celebrating a friend's birthday last Friday.
And celebrating Shelly's birthday the next day.  We went down to Fiesta Hermosa for dinner beforehand, which made for some fun people watching and really good/greasy fair food.  Fiesta has become a Memorial Day & Labor Day tradition for us and feels like a marker of the beginning and end of summer... except this year summer seems to be lasting forever since it's still unbearably hot out (and in since we don't have air conditioning).
Lily goofing at my parents' house on Labor Day.  It was insanely hot in the Valley but at least we had the pool.

I was highly amused by this sign that is in the hallway of our office building downtown.  Just in case you don't know what a fire alarm sounds or looks like... now you know. 
In other news, firm stuff is still going really well.  Jim and I have been legit busy, which is unexpected but awesome.  We've been fortunate enough to sign some really good clients this week and we also received our first payment from a client.  I may have done a little dance and sang "money, money, money, money.... MON-AY!" in the office... because I am my own boss and if I want to dance and act a fool then that's what I'm gonna do!  Luckily people around the office we're subleasing from are pretty chill.  I'll post some photos of the space after we've finished decorating our offices.

We also got to whip out our business cards for the first time at a networking event.  Before we started the firm I thought it would be weird to pitch ourselves.  I was worried about feeling the pressure to be "on" all the time and didn't want to come off as pushy.  As it turns out, it doesn't feel forced or phony at all because we're so excited about it all and most people are genuinely happy for us and want to hear about it.  Basically I'm giving you fair warning not to ask me how it's going unless you want to listen to me ramble excitedly for 15 minutes.  Lily seems to be a little tired of hearing about Pettis Zimmer LLP.  A few weeks ago I said something about the firm and she said "I know, I know:  you and Jim have a law firm.  Blah, blah, blah."  So polite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape