Cool for the Summer

Summer is officially O-V-E-R as Lily-Monster heads back to school tomorrow!  We made the most of her last day of freedom and she told me she's pretty excited for tomorrow.  Today she also told me that she could go to medical school or law school if she wanted "cause I'm good at lots of stuff" but instead she will get a fun job like acting, singing or art "because I want to have fun instead of just work, work, work all the time."

I really can't believe that she'll be in first grade tomorrow.

The pantsless wonder and her pompadour.  Lily has always been pretty anti-pants but this week was off the hook.  She literally only wore pants when we left the house.  The rest of the time, even when she was playing in the backyard or on the front porch, she was pants-free.

We went bowling again on Sunday because she loved it so much on Friday.  She actually beat Matt and I, but the bumpers and Matt's help may have had something to do with it.

Victory!

I was cleaning out Lil's room and found a few cute things.  Cute Thing #1:  this invitation to her baby doll's birthday party that she wrote.  I love that the location is written uppercase H, lowercase b, just like our town's logo.

We do have awesome days Lily!  I hope that S gets flipped back to the right direction after being back in school.

Making ice cream soup last night.  Lil was crazy and then made Shelly & Jim's dog crazy too.

We started the morning with a massive Lego construction of Cinderella's castle.  This was a brand new Lego from Christmas that we hadn't yet tackled since it's so big but today was the day.  After this one, we re-assembled Rapunzel's Tower, Merida's Castle & Ariel's Grotto so all of the princesses could be neighbors and play together.  Her game took a macabre turn when for some reason she took all of their heads off and brought them upstairs to her bedroom, leaving their bodies downstairs.  I didn't even ask.

Grabbing a snack on the beach & showing off her latest necklace tattoo.

Splashing in the surf.

Giving one of her beautiful happy smiles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape