Catch up

I'm playing catch up on the blog.  I thought I wouldn't have to do that but as it turns out I'm really busy... which is great news because it means the firm is doing well!  I have 3 pretty big clients that are keeping me quite busy and made a game time decision to go to a privacy conference in Vegas next week.  Between work and Lily starting school, September is flying by.

Goofing with light sabers at Lucas' birthday party a few weekends ago.  He is Lily's oldest friend so it was special to celebrate with him.

Here they are as 6 year olds.
And here they are as 2 year olds on Halloween 4 years ago.

Brunching with some lady friends in Hermosa a few weeks ago.

Grandma & Grandpa took Lily to Disneyland last Tuesday for Grandma's birthday.

At back to school night we got to take a look at the kids' wishes for the year.  Many kids wrote that they wanted to do well, behave, make the teacher proud, etc.  Lily wrote that she wants Santa Clause to put toys in her school cubby.

And the next day she wrote me this adorable note at daycare.

Jess came for a visit with her 2 kids on Tuesday night.  We had such a blast and started the long weekend off right with some rooftop drinks.

On the tram to Disneyland.  Lauren said that was her favorite ride!

The girls were so excited to dress up and meet princesses.  And they were just as excited to take the dresses off after because it was so stinking hot!  It didn't seem to bother our guests since they are used to the Nashville heat and humidity but I was dying until it cooled down at about 5.

Posing pretty.

Making general mayhem in Lily's room. on Saturday.

Enjoying the front porch on Saturday before Jess and I met Shelly for drinks and dinner out in Hermosa.  Mike loved the front porch!  Between the dogs, people and cars passing by he had endless entertainment.

Beach time on Sunday.  The kids had so much fun.  Liz and Kieran joined us so the boys and girls each had a friend to keep them busy and happy.  And Jess, Liz & I were able to have a relatively peaceful sushi dinner while they all played at the house afterward.
And the boys ate sand... literally.  It was so strange and funny and made me realize how different little boys are from little girls.

Kieran!  He is talking up a storm now and kept saying Lily's name over and over.  As I was taking this photo he was waiving his arms saying "Happy, happy, happy!"

Meeting of the minds... or a pampers summit.  These two were so cute with each other.  They kept pointing to each other and saying "baby."  Jess and the kids went back home yesterday morning and Lily has been a little down since.  She got used to having a playmate at all times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape