Back 2 Skewl
Lil did so well on her first day of 1st grade! She was excited all morning and then right as we walked up the front steps into the school she admitted to being "a little nervous too but mostly excited." I was able to walk her into her classroom and help her find her desk but then she and the other kids had to wave goodbye to their parents.
When I picked her up from aftercare she said the day had been "Great! No, not great. Better than great. Awesome!" She really likes her teacher and even though she only knows one other child (her best friend Ava), she said that there are lots of Star Wars fans in her class "so that's good news."
She fell asleep super fast tonight so I think all of the excitement took it out of her. Now we'll repeat tomorrow... and every other week day until June next year. :)
In law firm news, things are going swimmingly! In fact, I only made our business card print order tonight (I was supposed to do it weeks ago) because we've had so much actual work coming in that I haven't had the time. This is a really good problem to have! But when I met with a client today and was cardless, I realized I needed to just do it already. Jim and I figure we can always try a new design or cardstock later if we're not crazy about these ones. All that said, I felt like a little Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, obsessing about our business card design and the quality of the cardstock.
Tomorrow I have a check-up with my narcolepsy specialist, 2 client calls/meetings and a farewell happy hour for our awesome friend Mishel who will be leaving Herbalife because she just got a stupendous new job with the Honest Company. Bee-sy, bee-sy as the Italians say!
When I picked her up from aftercare she said the day had been "Great! No, not great. Better than great. Awesome!" She really likes her teacher and even though she only knows one other child (her best friend Ava), she said that there are lots of Star Wars fans in her class "so that's good news."
She fell asleep super fast tonight so I think all of the excitement took it out of her. Now we'll repeat tomorrow... and every other week day until June next year. :)
In law firm news, things are going swimmingly! In fact, I only made our business card print order tonight (I was supposed to do it weeks ago) because we've had so much actual work coming in that I haven't had the time. This is a really good problem to have! But when I met with a client today and was cardless, I realized I needed to just do it already. Jim and I figure we can always try a new design or cardstock later if we're not crazy about these ones. All that said, I felt like a little Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, obsessing about our business card design and the quality of the cardstock.
Tomorrow I have a check-up with my narcolepsy specialist, 2 client calls/meetings and a farewell happy hour for our awesome friend Mishel who will be leaving Herbalife because she just got a stupendous new job with the Honest Company. Bee-sy, bee-sy as the Italians say!
![]() |
| Anatomy of a cool back-to-school outfit: Zara Dress, Vans Shoes. I almost never spend money on Lily's clothes because she gets insanely filthy at school and aftercare. Between hot lunch, crafts, and running around on the blacktop for 5 hours a day, there is almost no point in buying anything that costs more than $5 or $10. And so I don't... Except when I found myself in Zara, killing time before meeting a friend for coffee, and could not resist this dress even though it's white and $40. It came home with an unidentified red hot lunch substance on it but hopefully the Tide stick will now work it's magic. |
![]() |
| Giving R2 a hug. |



Comments
Post a Comment