I'm ba-ack...

It's been over a year since my last post- so long that I forgot how to post and had to refresh my memory with a little Google search.

It would take me way too long to report on everything that's happened over the past year, and I know I'm disappointing my THREE followers by not doing that, but instead I'm just going to pick up from here and hopefully entertain you with our current goings-on.

The most major news is that I left my in-house job at the end of July and have founded my own law firm, Pettis Zimmer LLP, along with my good friend Jim.  We are on a soft launch until September but all is going well & the foundation is being laid.  We have the initial version of our website completed (check it out @ www.pettiszimmer.com & give complements to our CTO Mr. Matt Berger for a job well done), we'll have an office space downtown, we have our partnership documents finalized and as of today we have bank accounts!

My end game is to have a more fulfilling career that allows for more family time.  I'm off to an auspicious start having already spent 10 days in Seattle with my parents and Lily, and having chaperoned Lily's camp field trip to Adventure City last Thursday.  For the first time in ages, I actually feel like I can stop and smell the flowers.  Maybe that's because after 2 years of working like a madwoman during the week and sleeping like a narcoleptic on the weekend, I finally had time last week to plant some.  :)

Lily goofing around with Jakers on Friday. 
Lil potting some herbs on the front porch... a project 2 years in the making.  :)

A view of the final results.  I am so excited to have some pretty flowers to look at while I enjoy my morning cup of coffee (who am I kidding, it's "cups").

Lil was so excited to go to Seattle that she packed a bag and labeled it... apple... tree... yup.

All systems go before our 2nd trip of the week to the Space Needle restaurant.  Lil cried on the plane home, not because she missed her grandparents but because she missed "the Space Needle and the condo."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Digs (Kind Of)

January 2021

Gettin' Back in Shape