Beach Life
Originally Jim and I thought we wouldn't end up doing much actual legal work until September. That plan has been foiled by some really awesome opportunities coming our way. August Mondays & Fridays were supposed to be Mommy Daughter Days for Lil and I but this Friday was instead spent doing various administrative tasks like engagement letters, time sheets & a speaking engagement proposal. All good stuff but I felt pretty bad about leaving Lily to be raised by the iPad all day. So Shelly, her sister Stef, and Jim swung by on Friday evening and we all walked down to the beach to relax and watch the sunset.
| Jim & Stef trying to play dollar store lacrosse... but the ball was so cheap and light that the wind kept carrying it away. Lil ran around between them with her "mermaid tail" of seaweed. |
Jim and I have worked a fair amount this week, even on Saturday and today, but for the most part it's been in gym clothes and from the comfort of our home offices, with a few appointments and bus dev lunches and coffees out. I won't go as far as saying it's as fun as a trip to Disneyland but it certainly doesn't feel like work, which is awesome. There is something so liberating about being able to squeeze work in when I feel the time is right, after I've been able to enjoy my morning coffee on the front porch, instead of rushing to do it on someone else's time. I find that when I do have an assignment, I'm super efficient and focused because I'm doing it exactly when and how I want to do it.
This coming week looks to be busy as well but I feel invigorated and ready to dive in... and maybe take another trip to Disneyland on Wednesday or Friday.
As for this weekend, we had an awesome time last night hosting Shelly, Jim & 2 other couples from our (or I guess their) legal department crew. Good food, good wine, lots of laughter and handmade beaded necklaces from Lily for all the ladies in attendance.

Comments
Post a Comment